Pastrami Band wagon, I'm hopping on

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

Well I love pastrami and have seen a lot
lately, so like it says I'm hopping on the wagon with you. Hope it turns out like everyone else's.

So with some reading and watching. I am following SmokinAl SmokinAl ,s way this time . And I will not change anything this time . Than if it works I will make it again for my tastes
Al's is from I think 2014 in the search area.

Here we go.

The main ingredients

DSC_5849.JPG
DSC_5850.JPG

Trimmed up and injected with the mix

DSC_5851.JPG DSC_5852.JPG DSC_5853.JPG DSC_5854.JPG

Hope I did not get carried away , injected about every inch, she is full Captain she is going to blow... ( say it like Scotty from Star Trek, ) sorry early, but running late for work.

In the brine and off to the fridge for couple weeks

DSC_5855.JPG DSC_5856.JPG

This is it for this morning, I have to get to work, can't be late . The boss is a Pr**k

I will return.

David

Ya, give your boss a jab with the injector! :emoji_laughing:. I won't do it to my boss, he'll get even...and he's a p---k as well. Hope you really like the pastrami!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I’m in for the ride David!
Al

Thanks Al for the like and the comment

I was going to message you about this , I have went over the post you did way back, but I must have missed it , what temp did you smoke the meat at. I was thinking 225 Deg. but was going to ask you.

David

Return the favor to your boss and give him a pr**k with the cajun injector, that will fix him.
Looks like a great start and have a great day at work.

Thanks cutplug for the comment

You recognized the injector, seems to work for me on lots of different injections. So you are saying I should prick the Pr**k
of a boss I have , lol

yes good start , now the wait .

David

Ya, give your boss a jab with the injector! :emoji_laughing:. I won't do it to my boss, he'll get even...and he's a p---k as well. Hope you really like the pastrami!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

That's the trouble with working for one's self. Go in just a little late and stay a lot later cus you feel guilty..... sometimes:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

I really like Pastrami so this will be a test for the flavor, I am sure it will be good, always nervous about the first time for things like this, but that is how I learn

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle

Well I love pastrami and have seen a lot
lately, so like it says I'm hopping on the wagon with you. Hope it turns out like everyone else's.

So with some reading and watching. I am following SmokinAl SmokinAl ,s way this time . And I will not change anything this time . Than if it works I will make it again for my tastes
Al's is from I think 2014 in the search area.

Here we go.

The main ingredients

View attachment 647226 View attachment 647227

Trimmed up and injected with the mix

View attachment 647228 View attachment 647229View attachment 647230View attachment 647231

Hope I did not get carried away , injected about every inch, she is full Captain she is going to blow... ( say it like Scotty from Star Trek, ) sorry early, but running late for work.

In the brine and off to the fridge for couple weeks

View attachment 647232 View attachment 647233

This is it for this morning, I have to get to work, can't be late . The boss is a Pr**k

I will return.

David
Looks great!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Im looking forward to see how this turns out. I have never tried anything like this.

Thanks for the like and the comment

You and I both, I am almost sure it will work, as long as I follow Al's steps for this.
I have a couple things I have always wanted to try , I just have to make the leap. Like Polish sausage ( Mona's favorite ). And all the bookmarked items on my list

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky