Pass through grommet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brgbassmaster, Jul 12, 2013.

  1. brgbassmaster

    brgbassmaster Meat Mopper

    I saw somebody post about using a pass through grommet to attach to your smoker for your thermometers like the et-732. Where do you find one of those. Thanks.
  2. A cheap way is to get some high temp silicone. drill a hole a little larger than the probe. Wrap a few layers of foil or wax paper around your probe. Spray the wrap the high temp silicone. Place probe in hole. Apply silicone. When it dries remove foil or wax paper. WA LA

    Happy smoken.

  3. av8tor

    av8tor Meat Mopper

    McMaster Carr has high temp silicone grommets.
  4. You can get a lamp kit from a home improvement store. They work great.
  5. If brass fixings are ok to use, you could get an 'end' piece and 'straight' piece compression joints (for plumbing).  Drill a hole a couple of thou larger than your probe dia. and screw them together.  Did you try doing a search on grommets?

Share This Page