Party Wings!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slater

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
My other half always deep fried wings.I was in the mood & first attempt at smoking them. Came out great in my opinion without the mess. Cooked at 300 & cranked hotter for the last 20 minutes or so. Forgot to take a pic of them sauced-up, needless to say theyre gone...
2 lb bag from smart & final $12, all pre-cut
Rubbed & allowed to air dry in the fridge most of the morning, subbed 1tsp Franks original seasoning for the cayenne
Wing Rub Ingredients 1 TBSP Granulated Garlic 1 TBSP Kosher Salt ½ TBSP Smoked Paprika ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper 3 tsp Baking Powder
Used Franks Wing Sauce & added a bit of catch-up to thicken it up & a splash of white vinegar for some added tangyness.
Turned out great!!
tempImageEkMRn1.png
tempImageulooKL.png

Last edited:
looks like some good wings, can't remember when we deep fried wings the last time, the only way i make them anymore is in the smoker.

Thanks guys! Cant be too difficult its only chicken but happy the way the turned out, skin was crisp & not chewy at all, wings werent dry & was really able to smell & taste the smokiness which is usually hard for me...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky