• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pans

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jc1947

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jun 8, 2011
Instead of a foil pan can I use a stainless steel pan?

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
That's what I do, but for  even easier cleanup, foil the bottom as well...especially long smokes.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Aug 1, 2008
For easier cleanup, I use disposable aluminum pans.  When they get dirty enough to offend me, I throw them away.  Throwing a new one in is my easy cleanup.

Good luck and good smoking.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Sure. I'd wrap it in foil for easy cleaning though.
  Thats what I do
biggrin.gif

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Disposable foil pans are the way to go, they are cheap to buy and make clean up soooo much easier.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
I like my stainless pans I picked up at the Restaurant supply. After ya dump a load of meat with the aluminum ones you wont go back. Just my preference. 

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
For easier cleanup, I use disposable aluminum pans.  When they get dirty enough to offend me, I throw them away.  Throwing a new one in is my easy cleanup.

Good luck and good smoking.

This is what I do too 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Disposable pans is the way to go. Sam's sells them in bulk.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
I use disposable as well so you don't have to clean them. I go to the dollar store and they are way cheaper than Sam's. At least around here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky