Pan Seared Goose Tenderloins with Balsamic Vinegar Apricot Pepper Jelly Demi-Glace Sauce, Roasted Broccoli with garlic, and Parmesan Pasta with Butter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Quick meal tonight with my friends. With fresh goose meat-had to cook some!
Seasoned the tenders and set aside...
IMG_20230108_172826.jpg

Made the sauce, while my buddy put the pasta together and his wife made the roasted broccoli.
Finished with butter!
IMG_20230108_171846.jpg

Seared the tenders and straight to the plates.....
IMG_20230108_173740.jpg

IMG_20230108_173815.jpg

Really exceptional meal tonight...the entire plate was balanced.

Really great bottle of wine too! 92 points....very smooth. Great pairing!
IMG_20230108_191357.jpg

Awesome meal Keith, very nice… you’re sure eating good with these goose meat threads!

Beautiful looking plate!! Reminded me of my one grandma who really liked goose meat.
Thanks tbern. Goose is a very tricky protein to cook. Wild geese- it all depends on what they have been eating as to what they will taste like. These have been eating grain so the flavor is good.

Man that looks 5 star! Awesome meal! I’ve said it before, I love goose, but we only cooked it two ways. You’re getting me motivated to get back out for a hunt and bring it back on the table!

Reactions: indaswamp
Man that looks 5 star! Awesome meal! I’ve said it before, I love goose, but we only cooked it two ways. You’re getting me motivated to get back out for a hunt and bring it back on the table!
Thanks Jed. To cook a goose-it is either hot and fast, or long and slow.....there is no in-between. Goose fajitas rock too...Another hot and fast cook!

Reactions: bauchjw
Gorgeous looking plate, just perfect Keith! Growing up and to this day some fresh pasta that was browned with garlic butter and served with fresh bread was all it ever took to be happy. Seared goose breast and fresh veggies? Off the charts, nice work there! RAY

Nice meat Keith, looks very flavorful.

There is about 50+ Canadian Geese sleeping on one of my customers yard ( and lots of pooping )
That I would sooner see them the way you did them up. lol

Trying to figure how to keep them away. He is at one of his other places in South Carolina,

David

David

That plate looks great, Keith, and we love our roasted vegetables, too!
Wild geese- it all depends on what they have been eating as to what they will taste like.
Absolutely and the main reason why I've not had good luck with it. Almost all of our geese are residential and feed on grass and weeds around the area...

There is about 50+ Canadian Geese sleeping on one of my customers yard ( and lots of pooping )

Trying to figure how to keep them away. He is at one of his other places in South Carolina
David, where I worked, there is a huge man-made pond at the entrance that is there as a source of water for fire control if ever needed. Nicely manicured grass all around it that really attracted the geese. They would overrun the area and poop all over the sidewalks and get aggressive when they have goslings, just a real nuisance. They tried everything to keep them away, but nothing worked. When the flock got big enough, 40-50 geese or more, and the employees complained enough, the powers that be would have our state wildlife department come in and trap them and haul them off. This would last about 2 years at most. Once they find an area they like with no predators, it's hard to run them off. Dogs will keep them away, but that's not always an option...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Gorgeous looking plate, just perfect Keith! Growing up and to this day some fresh pasta that was browned with garlic butter and served with fresh bread was all it ever took to be happy. Seared goose breast and fresh veggies? Off the charts, nice work there! RAY

Dang that looks very tasty! Nice work!

Absolutely mouthwatering. And I see you learned from Julia Child that you can never have enough butter.
Yup! LOL!

Trying to figure how to keep them away. He is at one of his other places in South Carolina,

David

David

That plate looks great, Keith, and we love our roasted vegetables, too!

Wow, another beautiful meal Keith. I am duly impressed!!

Robert
Thanks guys!

They would overrun the area and poop all over the sidewalks and get aggressive when they have goslings, just a real nuisance. They tried everything to keep them away, but nothing worked. When the flock got big enough, 40-50 geese or more

Yes quite a mess on lawn and driveway. Normally he would be home at this time of year
and he has a dog that loves the water , so he would keep them away .

David

That’s one decadent meal Inda! You’d be hard pressed to find anything better at a 5 star restaurant!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky