Pan de Cristal 100% Hydration

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome Rich! Just not sure if I want soft butter or a bowl of soup!
Looks awesome Rich! Just not sure if I want soft butter or a bowl of soup!
Both ! Thanks for the comment Ryan .
your bread looks delicious, thanks for the great share!
Thanks . Appreciate the comment .
" With Labour comes reward "
Thanks David . Lol . Labour reminds me a a job I did with a French Canadian Mill work company . All the trim , features and doors came from Canada .
Looks great, thanks for the process
You're just the guy to try it out .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That bread looks fantastic
Thanks Ray . It's really tender with a great chew . Since I can't get a sour dough starter to survive , this is perfect .
a lot of time and work it appears to be, well worth the effort.
It was . Not really to bad if you're in the mind set to make something .
Looks great Rich!
Thank you Cliff .
I would be a bread junky if it was not for the diabetes. A bread like needs nothing more than butter and I could eat all four of those loaves.
I feel for ya . I'd be hard pressed to stay away . I can't stop eating it .
Great looking loafs Chop! But man...that is a lot of steps!
Thanks . It's really not to bad , and is actually easier than doing a bunch if kneading .

Wow Rich! Those high hydration's are tough!
You know Brian , I didn't have any issues . I mix my pizza dough up pretty wet sometimes . Maybe I knew what to expect . Thanks for lookin' bud .
Definitely looks like it had some gas in it. Spectacular.
Bill , it's fantastic . Really happy with the outcome . Thanks for the comments .
Really looks good Rich
Thank you Jim . I appreciate that .

Heck yeah, Rich! That looks really good. I'm no breadmaker, but with your show-n-tell, I might could even make that myself...

Reactions: chopsaw
Heck yeah, Rich! That looks really good. I'm no breadmaker, but with your show-n-tell, I might could even make that myself...
Thanks Charles . It worked out pretty good . I've been messing with this stuff for awhile now . Just takes practice .
Not sure if you saw this thread , but this is a good one too .

Thanks Charles . It worked out pretty good . I've been messing with this stuff for awhile now . Just takes practice .
Not sure if you saw this thread , but this is a good one too .
I don't remember the Italian, but that one looks good, too. Bread making to me is kind of like sausage making. It's intimidating and there are tricks to make it come out like you want...

Bread making to me is kind of like sausage making. It's intimidating and there are tricks to make it come out like you want..

Do you have a food processor ? Try this one . It's pretty easy .

I bet it smelled awesome, too.

I ran across this while looking for something else .
That Dough whisk came in handy for this
Doing this again , no doubt about it .
This got long , so thanks for looking .
Original project shelved?
Those long threads take me about as long to draft as the entire project.
I'm getting a dough wisk Sometimes it is too much to drag out the stand mixer and clean up

I bet it smelled awesome, too.
It did . I'm watching football in the kitchen waiting for it to cool . It's so good . I'll be doing round 2 soon .
I'm getting a dough wisk Sometimes it is too much to drag out the stand mixer and clean up
I got that for Christmas several years ago , and never used it . It works great for wet doughs . Gets it mixed and keeps your hands out of it .
Original project shelved?
No . I was looking around at flour tortilla recipes . I like to look at the stuff , and let it roll around my sub conscience for a few days . Did the same with this bread .

Thanks for leaving a comment .

Thanks David . Lol . Labour reminds me a a job I did with a French Canadian Mill work company . All the trim , features and doors came from Canada

That's funny you would say that,

I just placed an order today for 14 doors and drawers for a large kitchen Island that I am building in the shop.
And the doors and drawers are coming from Quebec. I am matching the existing kitchen .
( yes , labour and colour etc Canadian spelling ,lol :emoji_rolling_eyes: )

David

Thanks Chris . It's fun to do .

Thank you sir .

That's exactly the point of doing it really . Way cheaper than smoking meat . Some of my flour is at date , so I need to use it up .
I fed and put my 3 starters in the fridge. I got so much going on that my baking is on the shelf right now.

Reactions: chopsaw
I ran across this same recipe on YouTube a while back. While I liked it overall, either the 475° temp was too high, or the 30-minute duration too long for my batch. It looked done after the first 15 minute stone bake. The extra 15 minutes on the top shelf just burned it. (That's not to say I didn't eat it, though.)
20231024_200006.jpg
20231024_193645.jpg

Next time I will try it at 450°, and see what happens.
Also just bought me one of those cool, Danish dough wisks from Amazon.

Next time I will try it at 450°, and see what happens.
That's a shame . Inside is perfect . I wonder if I just got lucky doing this or what .
I'll have to try round 2 and see . I've been having good and not so good results with some sour dough .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky