PA Dutch Ring Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My neighbor wanted to know if i would make him a couple rings before we head to NOLA.

Sure buddy hows 5 lbs do ya.

Getting my pre mix ready for 1/2 cup water.

b12bb35e_rbol.jpg

431aa33b_rbol1.jpg

Main dry ready for another 1/2 cup.

2ffbaae0_rbol2.jpg

1b2d613f_rbol3.jpg

Mixed and ready for the meat. Add the First 1/2 cup of AP, Cure and Salt to the meat. 

Then the main mix.

daf978bc_rbol5.jpg

Casings before soaking.

84a45c32_rbol4.jpg

Both parts mixed into meat. No stuffem.

3c9bc699_rbol7.jpg

All stuffed and hanging to dry the casings for 1.5 hours.

c778c6f5_rbol8.jpg

In the smoker. PID set to 130 start time for 1.5 hours bumping to 170 to finish. Getting hickory smoke at 140.

7a1c4921_rbol9.jpg

Nice Bologna Nepas,  I love the sausage posts you make, you are an inspiration to all of use here.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Got the rings done late last night. Hung some to cool then in the fridge.

459c9b0e_DSC00541.jpg

Those look great. You make it look so easy. What is Amesphos? And what's it for? Same question about FFPDM?

AmesPhose keeps the meat moist, Like you would get ring bologna in the store how it has some liquid in the vac bag. 

FFPDM

Fat Free Powdered Dry Milk

Reatains moisture and gives a nice creamy smooth texture. Also add in loss of shrinking and wrinkled casings.

It is very easy once you toss the books all the science and what the commy USDA/FDA want US to do.

Photo Bucket lost all my 4500 photos
hopmad.gif

Here is some ring bologna for you.

c98bdeb0_DSC00543.jpg

722323e1_DSC00544.jpg

Photo Bucket lost all my 4500 photos
hopmad.gif
Never did like them!

They also cause your pictures to be non-zoomable!

Downloading right from my computer to the forum works best for me.

Ring Bologna looks Great!

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky