Oyster Extravaganza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love those oysters!  
points1.png

Mike

The oysters look fantastic!

Awesome looking meal!

Point for sure!

Congrats on making the carousel!

Al

drool.gif
  That was a beautiful sight!!!! I could almost taste it..... I am a little DISAPPOINTED though.... You never saved one for me..........
  Great job.  
points1.png
Little bit of hike south to my neck of the woods, but head on down and I'll fire up a batch
drool.gif
  That was a beautiful sight!!!! I could almost taste it..... I am a little DISAPPOINTED though.... You never saved one for me..........
  Great job.  
points1.png
A little far south, but if you make it down my way I'll hook it up for you. I have a bounty of wonderful seafood at my finger tips living so close to the bay. Just wait till you see the pics once crabbing season starts.
Oysters,Crabs oh boy That dish looks fantastic Points for you

Richie

We go crabbing all summer Here is a dish we make.Wive does most of this one

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/232978/stuffed-crab-lots-of-pics

You had me at Oysters !!   Love those little things, anyway you fix em.   Great job, great pics    
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Oysters,Crabs oh boy That dish looks fantastic Points for you
Richie

We go crabbing all summer Here is a dish we make.Wive does most of this one
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/232978/stuffed-crab-lots-of-pics
There is a traditional MD dish very similar, Fried hard crab. You actually take the crab mixture, put it into the body of a crab that has been steamed, then the top shelf removed, and deep fry the whole thing. Next time you make your dish try steaming the crab vs boiling. IMO the texture of steamed crab meat is far superior to boiled.

Those looks so good!  

Do you mind giving the ratios on the non-oyster ingredients?

-parx

Not at all, the ratios below are good for 12-18 oysters depending on size.

5oz Baby Spinach
4 slices of bacon
1/2 med white onion diced
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp diced garlic
1/2 tsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice

Cook bacon in a pan, set aside on paper towel.
Cook onions down in bacon fat until they are translucent and starting to brown.
Wilt spinach in pan with onion.
Dice bacon then throw all ingredients into food processor.
Lightly pulse until all ingredients are chopped and mixed. Not too much you don't want to blend.
Depending on size of oyster and taste use approx 1 heavy tbsp for each oyster.

Not at all, the ratios below are good for 12-18 oysters depending on size.

5oz Baby Spinach
4 slices of bacon
1/2 med white onion diced
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp diced garlic
1/2 tsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice

Cook bacon in a pan, set aside on paper towel.
Cook onions down in bacon fat until they are translucent and starting to brown.
Wilt spinach in pan with onion.
Dice bacon then throw all ingredients into food processor.
Lightly pulse until all ingredients are chopped and mixed. Not too much you don't want to blend.
Depending on size of oyster and taste use approx 1 heavy tbsp for each oyster.

I think the classic NOLA recipe calls for a small amount of anise flavored liquor but I hate liquorice so I omit.

The feast continues....

I still had 2-3 dozen of the smaller oysters I shucked yesterday waiting patiently for their turn in the spotlight. Was originally going to do Po Boys but changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go with BOLT sandwiches instead.

House Autry Seafood Breader, Old Bay, GP, OP and a pinch of salt. Now back in the fridge for an hour or so to let the breading set.
Stay tuned more to come!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky