Fried Oyster Rockefeller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Took Mom out for Dinner to a Juban's in Baton Rouge. It's a $75/plate establishment. Always exceptional food with layers upon layers of flavor. I tried the Fried Oyster Rockefeller appetizer. It was phenomenal!!!
Fried-Oyster-Rockefeller.jpg
I was blown away! The spinach had a touch of fennel, Herbsaint(anise liquor) and the liquid used was a concentrated chicken stock. The pickled fennel was an interesting touch. It was sweeter than I expected and almost fruity...complimented the oysters well. The hot sauce Beurre Blanc sauce was savory and brought just a touch of sweet heat. My first time eating cajun caviar (Bowfin eggs; which are said to rival sturgeon in flavor) I am now on a quest to recreate this dish! It was SOOO GOOOD!!!!

Man that looks and sounds delicious. Had lunch at our local Cajun place today and had fried oysters. Picked up a couple Leidenheimer rolls for some poboys tomorrow

Looks awesome! I love oysters Rockefeller so surely I’d love this. Let us know the recreation recipe. I had a very nice meal Wednesday night at a sales meeting. Filet mignon was on point but the shaved Brussels sprouts with bacon and lemon Beurre Blanc was show stealing delicious. I was so pleased because 99% of the time restaurant steaks disappoint me, veggies were quite a bonus. Even better the potatoes and sprouts were served family style and at a table of 6 only 2 eat Brussels sprouts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky