Overnight Super Bowl PP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
Got a last minute request to make PP and chili for a Super Bowl party. Off to the butcher shop to grab 2 9# butts. Luckily they were having a special too. $1.39/lb seemed pretty cheap?

I anticipate this cook taking most of the night since I got a late start.

A few pics if the early stages:

A naked butt

A little bit of mustard and liberal magic dust

I don't know if this is what Mr. Minion had in mind with his method but it works for me

Chimney of lump and briquettes mixed

One on the top rack, one on the bottom, sand in the water pan

My partner in crime enjoying the fact that she can lay on her bed outside since it's a heat wave here today at 40*....

Rolling along nicely, time to settle in with a few Chesterfields and enjoy the night

More pics as we move along.

Last edited:
Not sure
You're off to a good start, tjs, and you have a pit companion to help. I'm looking forward to the end product.

Noshrimp

Not sure if you mean the dog or the shine for the pit companion... Hahaha

They both have their place. Although I'll readily admit that dog is awesome. I literally owe her my life, but that should be a separate thread. Let's just say if you ever have the opportunity to split your skull open by falling down the steps, you'd want my dog around to lick your face to revive you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky