Overdue Philly Cheesesteaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting John, Like! Don't imagine there was much room left for dessert after finishing those plates. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
LOL---When I make Cheesesteaks, there's not much room for anything else.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking sammy's. I need to go get some more of that sliced beef you told me about and do some. Thanks for posting.

Thank You Brian!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear, cheese steaks are da'bomb!

Just spent two weeks on vacation up near you in Bushkill PA.
While driving around we spotted two carved bear cubs on a pole in front of a house, They looked very much like your work.

Thank You Chile!!
Hope you Picked up some nice Bushkill Trout up there!!
I know a Guy up there on Rt 402 that has a Chainsaw Craft Shop, but I'm sure there are a lot of others in the Stroudsburg to Bushkill Area.

Bear

Nice looking sammies you made Bear. My wife and were just talking about what to have for supper tonight. I'm gonna have to see what the grocer has in stock.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

LOVE me a Philly. I always liked doing them with the cheapest ground beef (the $3/lb, 73/27 tubes I lovingly refer to as "meat paste") and called them "Sloppy Phil's" until learning that a "chopped cheese" is already a thing in NYC.

I won't turn down one with any cheese, but my favorite by is using "EZ-Cheez" or whatever that spray cheese in a can is called (usually the much cheaper Aldi's knockoff)

Thank You Ham!!
I never tried a Cheesesteak with Ground Beef. The closest thing I ever had was pretty close to a Sloppy Joe with Steak Sauce, and it wasn't bad. It was from a little joint about 4 miles from here, but it's gone now.
I like Provolone the best on a Cheesesteak, but I like using the Spray Cheddar Cheese on Ritz Crackers---Actually I like that a little Too Much!!!

Bear

Reactions: Hamdrew
I don't know what is the hold up. Took me 3 tries to add a like.
Mighty fine meal. We both love a beef meal.
I need to fire up the Blackstone and make the wifey a cheese steak. She will not let me get by without onions (your kryptonite?) and fresh jalapenos grilled and then added to the beef.

Looks delicious Bear. Your meal rivals Gino's and Pats! 🍻
John

Thank You John!!
Ginos & Pats aren't even close to being near the top in the Philly area.
They're just a Tourist attraction.
To the tourists, they're great, but I have had better in at least 30 Bars and/or Steak Joints.
However, Thanks for the Compliment !!

Bear

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Believe me was not my first choice, it was out of desperation. Most of the steak joints around me are pretty good, I just can't stomach the $275++ bill for two that comes with it.

Around here a good Cheesesteak usually runs between $6 & $9.
However my favorite local one is at least $10 now, but it's about 16" long loaded with Meat, Cheese, Fried Onions, Peppers, and Shrooms. I haven't had one of those in almost 2 years now, due to Covid-19.
Those are good for at least 2 Suppers for me---Maybe 3.

Bear

I don't know what is the hold up. Took me 3 tries to add a like.
Mighty fine meal. We both love a beef meal.
I need to fire up the Blackstone and make the wifey a cheese steak. She will not let me get by without onions (your kryptonite?) and fresh jalapenos grilled and then added to the beef.

Thank You FA !!!
Yup---"My Kryptonite". I love Fried Onions & Deep Fried Onions, but Raw Onions make me sick. I think it's an allergy to the smell, and my parents weren't much help. I was forced to eat them. When I was little I threw up on raw onions, and got my ass beat. Was told I threw up "On purpose".

Bear

My wife cannot eat raw onion (or raw jalapeno), too.
I grew up in the same mind set of parents as you. If they ate it the kids must eat it and learn to appreciate it.
We learned that some foods just don't go with the kids, so don't force it on them.
Cheese steak luckily always a favorite.

The sandwiches look good, nicely stuffed.
We had Chipped Steak Sandwiches last night. I made a variation on that Weber Steak Sandwich you have posted a few times.
My take was Chopped Lettuce, Tomato and Raw Onions in a bowl with a Splash of Viva Italian Salad Dressing, instead of Miracle Whip, not a Fan. The Salad got mixed with the hot Chipped Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions and melted Cooper Sharp American Cheese. This all went on 2 Steak Rolls, generously Schmeared with Hellman's Mayo. It was one Awesome set of Sandwiches! I doubt I will ever go back to Basic Cheese Steak Sandwiches again...JJ

I was forced to eat them. When I was little I threw up on raw onions, and got my ass beat. Was told I threw up "On purpose".

We learned that some foods just don't go with the kids, so don't force it on them.

Yup . Was just talking about this subject with 2 of my sister's last week . They put it on the table , and you ate it no matter what .
If you didn't , the belt came off the Norge .
Forcing kids to eat is not a good thing . Now making them hungry enough to eat something one their own ,,,, that works .

My wife cannot eat raw onion (or raw jalapeno), too.
I grew up in the same mind set of parents as you. If they ate it the kids must eat it and learn to appreciate it.
Cheese steak luckily always a favorite.

LOL----The best part is years later I took my Mom to Grida's, in Richlandtown, PA for Cheesesteaks, and She ordered hers "Without Onions" !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky