OUT OF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lol last one I got a week ago
Usually $1.99-$2.99 but sales often .99¢

View attachment 346787
GFS usually has them here for $1.49# boneless in cryovac packages of 2.
I’ll get one sometimes and cut up and freeze in 5# lots ready to grind for sausage, but they eat up freezer space LOL!
It’s nice to have some with the bone in for PP, though.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
GFS usually has them here for $1.49# boneless in cryovac packages of 2.
I’ll get one sometimes and cut up and freeze in 5# lots ready to grind for sausage, but they eat up freezer space LOL!
It’s nice to have some with the bone in for PP, though.
I got my pork loin the other day at GFS $1.79.. using it to make Canadian bacon right now..

I made the sausage before in some patties pre made and stacked between the wax paper.. Mine I put in sage and thyme.. I think rosemary.. pepper flakes and I forget what else.. I used a lb of fatback chunks and the pork shoulder.. Or butt.

Thanks Guy's I appreciate it

Gary

Uh Oh !! my bad I was looking in the freezer this morning and I found a package and a half I forgot to slice.
Oh well, it will be good anyway

IMG_0238.jpg

Thanks Bear no it wont WE are going to Dallas this weekend to see a friend, gunna take her some
Sausage, Turnips and Greens and BBQ sauce

Gary

Looking good,,, Looking good!!!!! I did some in larger links, added cure #1 and cold smoke in apple for 4hrs,,, Very good stuff. Will be doing more in July or Feb

Last time I did them I did small links .............. All gone now

Gary

Nice. I usually just flatten mine out and vac seal. I don't mind making patties as needed. But I too am low on breakfast sausage and think I will give your recipe a try for my next batch. Got about 10 pork butts in the freezer now. But probably need to get some additional pork fat.

My friend, your sausage always looks good, but this breakfast sausage looks and sounds REAL good. I just gotta make some.
We sure don't get deals like that on pork butts--we're more in Bear's price range. And that meat--such a beautiful color!!!
What kind of a slicer is that? My ElCheapo sure doesn't cut evenly like yours.
POINT
Gary

My friend, your sausage always looks good, but this breakfast sausage looks and sounds REAL good. I just gotta make some.
We sure don't get deals like that on pork butts--we're more in Bear's price range. And that meat--such a beautiful color!!!
What kind of a slicer is that? My ElCheapo sure doesn't cut evenly like yours.
POINT
Gary

Just an el-cheapo

Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$99.95

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky