Otbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good to see you back in form JJ.  I was afraid when they did the surgery they might drain all the vinegar out of you!

Good luck and good smoking.

Good to see you back in form JJ.  I was afraid when they did the surgery they might drain all the vinegar out of you!

ROTF.gif

Give someone a pulled pork sandwich and they eat one meal .. Show them how to smoke a Butt and they eat forever .. Btw
Don't forget the beer!!!

Give someone a pulled pork sandwich and they eat one meal .. Show them how to smoke a Butt and they eat forever .. Btw
Don't forget the beer!!!
I'd also add "teach them how to make the slaw and a finishing sauce". Man CAN live by PB alone, but it's nice to have the fixins!

Brian 

BDSKelly what in the heck is in that pot? Them ain't beans-that looks like beenie-weenie soup to me! (Big Grin) We be talking about them "almost world famous" Wicked Baked Beans! (Thumbs Up).

(Sorry I'm on the work computer and it don't allow emoticons)

BDSKelly what in the heck is in that pot? Them ain't beans-that looks like beenie-weenie soup to me! (Big Grin) We be talking about them "almost world famous" Wicked Baked Beans! (
icon14.gif
).

Ha Dutch!! First no beenie recipe can compete with those Wickeds of yours my friend.  Absolutely the best. 

These are called leftover beans. I make them every Sunday when I smoke.  Easy to make. Pintos, Ro Tel, Taco Meat Spice and the left over smoked meat from last weekend that was tucked into the freezer.  Could be pulled pork... Could be brisket... Rib bones maybe... Whatcha see floating in this pot looks like a mix of Butt and Andouille Sausage. (one of my favorites by the way)

Nothin to it the way we do it.  ...But nothin beats the Wicked Baked Beans. 

Brian

Last edited:
Rodney Dangerfield and I share a lot in common! Respect? What's that? :biggrin:

BDSKelly what in the heck is in that pot? Them ain't beans-that looks like beenie-weenie soup to me! (Big Grin) We be talking about them "almost world famous" Wicked Baked Beans! (Thumbs Up ).

Ha Dutch!! First no beenie recipe can compete with those Wickeds of yours my friend.  Absolutely the best. 
These are called leftover beans. I make them every Sunday when I smoke.  Easy to make. Pintos, Ro Tel, Taco Meat Spice and the left over smoked meat from last weekend that was tucked into the freezer.  Could be pulled pork... Could be brisket... Rib bones maybe... Whatcha see floating in this pot looks like a mix of Butt and Andouille Sausage. (one of my favorites by the way)
Nothin to it the way we do it.  ...But nothin beats the Wicked Baked Beans. 

Brian

Brian, that does look good. I can see a hot steaming bowl of those beans on a COLD winter's day. Care to share the amounts for the ingredients in this recipe?

Last edited:
Brian, that does look good. I can see a hot steaming bowl of those beans on a COLD winter's day. Care to share the amounts for the ingredients in this recipe?
Id be delighted Dutch. Cause it is so easy.  
  • 2 pound  bag of pintos soaked over night. 
  • I can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Chilies
  • 2 cloves chopped garlic.
  • 4 Tablespoons of Fiesta brand Taco Seasoning. (This may not be available nation wide. Caution using the stuff in the pouch because it has much more salt) 
  • Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook the beans for 1 hour.
  • Then add about 2 cups of any meat out of the freezer from last weeks smoke. (Butt, Brisket, Sausage)
  • Bring the beans back to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. 
  • Cook the beans for another 1 hour or until tender. 
Toss em in a bowl with a little shredded Monterey Jack. 

Simple stuff. 

B

Last edited:
Reactions: seenred
Since this thread is already totally hijacked?

I will add for newbies?

I always save and freeze ends and trimmings from many things.

Perfect for a pot of beans, a soup, or a stew?

Anyplace that smoked goodness can kick up a dish!

• 4 Tablespoons of Fiesta brand Taco Seasoning. (This may not be available nation wide. Cation using the stuff in the pouch because it has much more salt) 
  • Then add about 2 cups of any meat out of the freezer from last weeks smoke. (Butt, Brisket, Sausage)
Toss em in a bowel with a little shredded Monterey Jack. 
Simple stuff. 
B

Oh yeah! That simple recipe sounds awesome! I'm kinda fired up about tryin this recipe, Brian...thanks for sharing!

:points:

Red

Oh yeah! That simple recipe sounds awesome! I'm kinda fired up about tryin this recipe, Brian...thanks for sharing!

points.gif

Red
Nothing to it Red.  Sunday dinner fix ins .  Thanks for keeping an eye on ol' B

Last edited:

• 4 Tablespoons of Fiesta brand Taco Seasoning. (This may not be available nation wide. Cation using the stuff in the pouch because it has much more salt) 
Toss em in a bowel with a little shredded Monterey Jack. 

Simple stuff. 

B
Sounds like a great recipe, but I'd prefer to toss mine in a bowl...

ROTF.gif

JJ oh JJ!!   
hit.gif

Please READ the thread?

I said MOST POSTED!

I would never say it was the BEST for fear of bringing out the JERSEY BOY in you!!! 
biggrin.gif

Yeah I saw that, but I didn't take my meds and was feeling feisty besides I haven't razzed you in awhile. I have tried Soflaquer's sauce it is good but I can't leave well enough alone...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky