Ordering citrus from Florida, recomendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ihocky2

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Has anyone ordered oranges or grapefruits from Florida? I remember as a kid my dad bringing a crate of them home as a gift from a supplier and how delicious they were. In the age of the internet this is easy, but I don't know who to order from. Are there any recommendations from anyone who has done it before? Hoping maybe for a last minute Christmas gift.

I've never ordered any, but the fact I remember one type of grapefruit speaks to how good they were. Trust me, I'd almost rather eat calves' liver (ugh) than grapefruit, but that rule does not apply to Indian River Ruby Red grapefruit. Sweet, juicy, and delicious. No sugar required to eat. I peeled them and ate 'em like oranges. Lots of places sell them online. Not cheap, but the ones I had were memorable.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
There is a small Grove in Melrose Fl that I like. It’s a small family farm that has been operational for some time. Most of the mail order Citrus Companies are big entities owned by investors. Not this one. The owner will likely be the person that picks the fruit and boxes and ships the fruit.

Riddling Grove is the name. Google search will bring up their website.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Thats how Ace high is, family owned, small grown on premises and packed there.

That is what sucks about living in Florida, they ship all the primo fruit out of the State & leave us with what’s left. It’s still pretty good. But one day a couple of years ago I received a box of fruit from a Florida Grower, they were a box of honey bells. The UPS guy left them at the wrong house. I called the company & asked them what I should do with the shipment & they told me to eat it, they couldn’t take it back or send it to the person who ordered it. They only lived one street over & I said I can just take it over to them & they said no, by law that is not allowed. Well these were the best oranges I have ever eaten!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky