Opinion Needed - Dyna-Glo Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I came across a new Dyna-Glo DGO1890BDC-D Wide Body Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker on FB for $200

1. Does anyone know anything about this one?
  2. Quality?
  3. Steel thickness?

Any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks

yes, I know. But I was looking for folks here who might have first-hand, unbiased, feedback

TY

I started my BBQ journey on the smaller cook chamber version of this.
It's cheaply made, has flexible legs so you have to be careful dragging it around or one of the legs may fold and it's very thin so it does not retain heat at all.
That said, I cooked some of the best pork ribs and small brisket I ever made, period, on it.
Beginners luck probably but it cooked what it cooked.
I started fires with briquettes and switched to very dry oak for the cooks.
It needed a heat shield above the area where the firebox mated with the cook body to keep the heat/smoke from clinging to that side of the chamber so I often placed a water tray above the opening.

Get the larger Heavy Duty vertical offset. The smaller box style offset needs mods just to function acceptably. The larger model just runs better. Don't waste your money modding an inherently flawed cooker. If price is the limitation, buy a used OKJ Bandera or something.

Last edited:
I came across a new Dyna-Glo DGO1890BDC-D Wide Body Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker on FB for $200

1. Does anyone know anything about this one?
  2. Quality?
  3. Steel thickness?

Any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks
Just wondering if you got this or not.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky