#OneChipChallenge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Paqui has their One Chip Challenge back in-stock and for sale.
They're seldom available and usually sell out quickly.

Being the Chilehead that I am, I just grabbed a few boxes.
At $11. shipped a chip it's expensive, but what the hell you can't take it with you.

And yes, I'll be eating them! :emoji_imp::emoji_scream::emoji_fire:
And yes, it'll be videoed for your enjoyment.

Now here's the deal.
Who wants one?
I'll send a #OneChipChallenge to one adventuresome member who'll agree to eat it on video, with nothing to eat or drink with it for a minimum five minutes.
Video must be sent to me for posting on YouTube, and will be shared here in the forums.
e119aa59-7a82-4728-8e60-b41430af4a19.png

The year the #OneChipChallenge is back, with a vengeance. It's our spiciest lineup ever featuring the world's hottest pepper, the Carolina Reaper, along with a NEW one-two punch from Scorpion Pepper and Sichuan Peppercorn. Your taste buds will be begging you to tap out. Do you have what it takes to go head to head with the Reaper? Take the #OneChipChallenge if you dare...
Please don't agree and then flake out on the terms of the agreement as this isn't sponsored by anyone but myself.

Last edited:
I did this last year and my step son and his friends just did it again last weekend. Have fun! Look forward to seeing the videos.

No thanks . I have the reaper powder I got from Richie . Love the stuff in the right amount . Great for dried beef . When I first got it I stuck my finger in and had a taste .
Like said ,, no thanks , but I will be watching .

I'm an atheist

Chris
In that case you've nothing to fear.

The year the #OneChipChallenge is back, with a vengeance. It's our spiciest lineup ever featuring the world's hottest pepper, the Carolina Reaper, along with a NEW one-two punch from Scorpion Pepper and Sichuan Peppercorn. Your taste buds will be begging you to tap out. Do you have what it takes to go head to head with the Reaper? Take the #OneChipChallenge if you dare...

Thanks,

I'm not very photogenic and our video camera doesn't have a wide enough angle lens to capture me doing it. Besides I don't want to scare away anyone who watched the video. Remember the song Video killed the radio star. Well in this case you could substitute SMF members. So I'll pass.

Chris

I don't stay on top of it but thought the reaper was dethroned? My family think I'm nuts with the spicy stuff I eat but it's nothing like reaper level. I could get it down and would be funny especially the 5m wait but my concern is more about the next day... :emoji_laughing: Thanks but no thanks but oh yeah totally watching!

• Wow
Reactions: Fueling Around
I'm down! I'll even trade you one of my fresh home grown Peach Reapers which are ripening now. I ate my first one yesterday and my gut is still on fiya!
Woohoo, I've my Huckleberry!

Okay, we're down for it.
Once they come in I'll forward you your's.
Please PM your mailing address.

And I'll happily take you up on the offer of the Peach Reaper.

The Reaper, 1.57 mill scoville, has be dethroned by Dragons Breath, 2.48 mill scoville but Ed Currie, guy who created the Reaper, also has one hotter than the Dragons Breath, Pepper X, at 3.1 mill scoville. This claim is unconfirmed by Guiness yet

Reactions: zwiller
Woohoo, I've my Huckleberry!

Okay, we're down for it.
Once they come in I'll forward you your's.
Please PM your mailing address.

And I'll happily take you up on the offer of the Peach Reaper.

Better a huckleberry then a dinkleberry. Best of luck gentlemen.

Chris

View attachment 466855

By Sunday or Monday I should have a dozen or so of these little devils ready for sauces, etc.
I'm excited!
The last ones I had were the standard red Carolina Reapers.
They weren't quite as hot as some other Reapers I've had, but the citrus flavor was off the charts good.

I'm excited!
The last ones I had were the standard red Carolina Reapers.
They weren't quite as hot as some other Reapers I've had, but the citrus flavor was off the charts good.
1F0615D6-38B4-44FF-9AFB-4BE50B303248.jpeg ED2F34C7-C71C-48D1-8221-0A451D3D4D5B.jpeg
Well, this is the first ripe one I pulled, yesterday. I was able to look at it for 2 hours before I couldn’t take it anymore and I just ate the whole thing. Certainly hot but not as bad as I thought. Also, pepper joes says the first 5 or so to ripen are usually much milder; so I’ll be sure and send you one of the “veterans”.

Oh, and once the heat subsides you really get the citrusy/fruity flavor and it’s truly incredible. I burped it until 6am this morning!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky