#OneChipChallenge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Reaper, 1.57 mill scoville, has be dethroned by Dragons Breath, 2.48 mill scoville but Ed Currie, guy who created the Reaper, also has one hotter than the Dragons Breath, Pepper X, at 3.1 mill scoville. This claim is unconfirmed by Guiness yet
Thanks and that's what I remember.

I tap out at habanero. What's crazy as heck is I make jerk with habaneros and the marinade will rip your face off but once smoked there is ZERO heat.

I bought one of these a month or so back. They had them at our Wegmans. Still do I believe. My youngest son, who loves hot things. gave it a try. I should have taped it. He made the 5 minutes. Then chugged a quart of milk. He said it was the 2nd hottest thing he's had. The first was some sort of ramen called Hek Buldak Extra Spicy Roasted chicken Ramen. I had to leave the kitchen when he added the spice packet.

I bought one of these a month or so back. They had them at our Wegmans. Still do I believe. My youngest son, who loves hot things. gave it a try. I should have taped it. He made the 5 minutes. Then chugged a quart of milk. He said it was the 2nd hottest thing he's had. The first was some sort of ramen called Hek Buldak Extra Spicy Roasted chicken Ramen. I had to leave the kitchen when he added the spice packet.
Steve did he mention whether or not it tasted good? I can handle high heat when the taste is good....

The Paqui bagged 'Ghost Pepper' tortilla chips aren't that hot to me.
They used to be hotter, back when they put a lot of powdered seasoning on them, but now they seemed to only be incorporated into the chip in the masa or sprayed/dipped.

They are okay for munching, dipping and recipes, nice heat, okay flavor, but not great like they used to be.
Again, flavor/heat used to being much better when they had a lot of powdered seasoning on them.

I imagine it was a big reduction in production costs to stop using so much seasoning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 73saint
My step son bought these as well. There are 12 chocolates. 6 are hot and 6 are regular and all look the exact same. I got the hot one and about died and I can handle and love hot stuff. Was by far the worst thing I have ever eaten in my life. Worse than the Poqui chip. Try it out sometime!
burn-bliss-chocolates-2.jpg

The powder I have is pretty hot . The fruity flavor is fantastic .
Chop how would you describe the heat? Seemed to really sting my mouth then it went pretty much numb after that for me. Was definitely a different sort of heat from what I was used to.

Intense . Lol . I think that powder I have contains some seeds and membranes . Plus being condensed down . I would agree that something is different about the heat . Used in the right amount it's perfect . Great flavor . He sent me some seeds too .

Steve H Steve H , just to confirm.
The Paqui chips you bought at Wegmans, they were the bagged Ghost Pepper chips or the single chip in a coffin box, 'One Chip Challenge'?

I see their bagged chips in three to four flavors in stores/truck stops, but never the 'One Chip Challenge'.

Steve H Steve H , just to confirm.
The Paqui chips you bought at Wegmans, they were the bagged Ghost Pepper chips or the single chip in a coffin box, 'One Chip Challenge'?

I see their bagged chips in three to four flavors in stores/truck stops, but never the 'One Chip Challenge'.
They have both

I believe it was around 10.00 I'm gonna look tomorrow to see if they have any left. I'll let you know

What section of the store are they usually found in?

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky