#OneChipChallenge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My step son bought these as well. There are 12 chocolates. 6 are hot and 6 are regular and all look the exact same. I got the hot one and about died and I can handle and love hot stuff. Was by far the worst thing I have ever eaten in my life. Worse than the Poqui chip. Try it out sometime!
View attachment 466874
I've heard of these. Never seen them in person. I've had Tabasco chocolate. That I thought sounded gross until I tried it. I liked that alot. These? Um, hell no!

Reactions: 73saint
I'm not into the "heat" challenges of chips, wings, etc. They tend to sacrifice flavor for raw heat.

I do like the subtle but distinctive flavors from the hot chilies.
Usually grow Habanero (rabbit got them this year) but wish I could grow my favorite Scotch Bonnet.
I grew ghost pepper a few years ago, but didn't like the raw heat and no flavor.
I grew a fine batch of Thai and Korean this year.

Well I can see I'll be running around this weekend to few listed retailers in my region.

What're the OCC retailing for?

They were cheaper then I remembered.
20201016_090929.jpg
20201016_090934.jpg
20201016_090940.jpg

The first was some sort of ramen called Hek Buldak Extra Spicy Roasted chicken Ramen. I had to leave the kitchen when he added the spice packet.
I bought a bunch of different ramen in an asian market one time including those noodles. I had no idea... Slooooow burn that builds over time and I was left with a numb face. That said, it also very tasty not just screaming hot.

I'm not into the "heat" challenges of chips, wings, etc. They tend to sacrifice flavor for raw heat.

I do like the subtle but distinctive flavors from the hot chilies.
Usually grow Habanero (rabbit got them this year) but wish I could grow my favorite Scotch Bonnet.
I grew ghost pepper a few years ago, but didn't like the raw heat and no flavor.
I grew a fine batch of Thai and Korean this year.
Same here also the last time I grew them the rabbits got them too. Blew my mind. Thanks for the comparison of habanero to scotch bonnet. I didn't think there would be much difference. I am really into jerk and will have to try some bonnets.

Not sure how far they are distributed but these are killer. I am brutally picky about food but these chips are perfect. They came out about 10 years ago when the words hot or spicy didn't mean anything but these did. All of their chips have a very old school flavor and if you remember eating chips that came in a can you know what I mean. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ballreich-s-Marcelled-Hot-N-Sassy-Potato-Chips-7-Oz/19757966

I bought a bunch of different ramen in an asian market one time including those noodles. I had no idea... Slooooow burn that builds over time and I was left with a numb face. That said, it also very tasty not just screaming hot.

That is what my son said as well. I might give those a try. I also like heat that has flavor.

Dang, I like hot but that looks like would be trouble on both ends. I'm not sure even a slushy beer would even be able to cool down the back of the throat. 🥵

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
So where are these videos of you guys eating these hot chips? I suggest putting a roll of toilet paper in the freezer prior to taking this challenge. A little "cool for the stool"

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
So where are these videos of you guys eating these hot chips? I suggest putting a roll of toilet paper in the freezer prior to taking this challenge. A little "cool for the stool"
Waiting on chips to arrive.
Unfortunately unlike some others, I can't find them on a store shelf.

Intense . Lol . I think that powder I have contains some seeds and membranes . Plus being condensed down . I would agree that something is different about the heat . Used in the right amount it's perfect . Great flavor . He sent me some seeds too .
Rich they were dried in the smoker. I still have a pretty good amount of it left, more then I will ever use, if you want any more let me know. Peppers were split most of the seeds were left in them.
100_7574.JPG
Richie
Sorry if this is hyjacking the post

. I still have a pretty good amount of it left, more then I will ever use, if you want any more let me know. Peppers were split most of the seeds were left in them.
I have one whole bag left . Used about 3/4 's of the other one . It's great , just don't use to much .
I might be interested in some more .

I have one whole bag left . Used about 3/4 's of the other one . It's great , just don't use to much .
I might be interested in some more .
Very kind of ya Richie, thank you.
I''l be sure to pay it forward.
I sent them this morning, in a regular envelope hope they make it.
Richie

I did the previous One Chip Challenge a while back and it was pretty intense. The cap cramps were even moreso.

Here recently, I did an interview with Johnny Scoville and he suggested capsaicin drops as a good way to build your tolerance. This stuff is HOOOOOOOT!
But I am attempting (sort of) working my way up to the Death Nut challenge.

:emoji_astonished:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky