One of them Ragu Steaks...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
I just grilled the first one of them Japanese Ragu ribeye steaks I ever ate. $54 for a 1-1/8 lb steak :emoji_astonished:. I will admit it was tender and juicy but maybe a bit milder taste than I have experienced previously. All in all a very very good steak but way too expensive for my wallet. I won $200 in the PowerBall yesterday - I put half in saving and figured what the heck I always wanted to taste one!

I recently bought one for the wife and I. Seared it up on cast iron. It was certainly delicious, and very rich. Because it has so much fat, I could not eat as much as a regular rib eye. Even if I had the money I don't think I would buy them often. It is very good, but 3x as good? I'm not so sure.

Reactions: Retired Spook
I agree completely - I actually gave half to a neighbor. Much too rich to eat it all.

Sounds like something to try ... if I match all the numbers on the powerball. I like my beef but can't see spending that kind of coin. Call me cheap.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Sounds like something to try ... if I match all the numbers on the powerball. I like my beef but can't see spending that kind of coin. Call me cheap.
Hey the lottery win was a $200 return on a $2.00 "investment" I felt like a Congressman, or a C.E.O., or a stock broker - I cured my curiosity. Both me and my neighbor agree it is not worth the absurd price - tender, yes, but the taste just wasn't there.

I was even thinking of trying one of them Ragu briskets one of these days but after the ribeye I will be sticking with Prime.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
The day-after the Ragu ribeye - man do I regret eating it... 🤮 Much much much too rich (greasy) for my old system. If I could kick myself for buying it, I would.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky