ON THE WEBER KETTLE AGAIN *** SPARES ***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hawg those ribs look great. I knew that kettle would grow on you.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
I've run 22" Weber Kettles for just over 42 years, that's what got me into smok'in! Momma wanted to kill me for bringing the first one home but that is a story in it's self.

Anyho, Those are sum'tin! Seconds Please!!
Thanks a lot. Yep, they are great. I got started at 15 years old on stick burners watching my dad and his buddies. Bought me a kettle when I was about 25 for grilling but quickly learned they were great for indirect smoking. Got away from the kettle for many years for smoking. Only grilling. Now at 63 years young, I have worked the kettle back into my smoking arsenal.

The picture of the cut rack is like artwork, gorgeous cook brother.

Can you elaborate a little on how you do Tiger sauce/ root beer layers?
Sure will. First off, I spritz with apple juice about every hour. About 1.5 hours in I pour 1 can of Root Beer over the ribs. About 3 hours in I pour and brush in the Tiger sauce. Then about another hour or so I brush on Parkay butter and dust with brown sugar. Then continue to smoke unwrapped. When you can slide a set of tongs about halfway down the rack and lift and the rack tries to break then they are done. (see rack on the right) I found this style on YouTube. Look up T Roy Cooks YouTube videos. He has one there using this style for ribs. I have been doing them this way for a long time. Post a pic when you try this style. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky