Old Trusty RecTec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
After 9 faithful years, my Rectec Mini coughed up it's ignitor rod a while back, and I waited to finally replace it. Rod came in today, and 15 minutes later, the old boy is back in business. 9 years and$35 in maintenance costs. Not too shabby. Tonight, Eye Round injected with "Old Fat Guy" injection, rubbed with SPOG, and onto the smoker for a while. Going to slice paper thin for some sammies.

Dave

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg

After 9 faithful years, my Rectec Mini coughed up it's ignitor rod a while back, and I waited to finally replace it. Rod came in today, and 15 minutes later, the old boy is back in business. 9 years and$35 in maintenance costs. Not too shabby. Tonight, Eye Round injected with "Old Fat Guy" injection, rubbed with SPOG, and onto the smoker for a while. Going to slice paper thin for some sammies.

Dave

View attachment 650967
View attachment 650968
Those things run forever with a few bucks here or there every 5-10 years, usually they just send what you need for free - awesome co

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
That is great to hear, since I just recently bought my first pellet smoker, and it is a RecTec 1250. So far I’m pretty impressed, and am glad to hear from folks that have had them for years!
Al

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
Nice, good to hear that they last a long time. I don't think I ever got more than 7 years out of a gasser. If I ever go down the pellet path it will be a RT or Smokefire.

Reactions: JLeonard
That is great to hear, since I just recently bought my first pellet smoker, and it is a RecTec 1250. So far I’m pretty impressed, and am glad to hear from folks that have had them for years!
Al
Glad you like it Al. I certainly made a good decision buying this thing.
Nice, good to hear that they last a long time. I don't think I ever got more than 7 years out of a gasser. If I ever go down the pellet path it will be a RT or Smokefire.
You can't go wrong with a RT. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Friend just bought a 700 and loves it. Is Old Fat Guy Discos recipe? I haven’t seen him post in quite some time.

My 340 just broke the 3 year mark and it has been effortless. Many great cooks and many more to come.

I have had my RecTec 7 years and on my 3rd element. I keep a spare just in case it goes out. I would definitely buy another RT if this one goes down to the point I can't fix it.

That's great to here I've had my RT-1250 a few months and have been impressed. I had a GMG for about 7 years and liked it. Hope my RT runs trouble free for a long time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky