Old Hobart Buffalo Chopper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kjuncowboy61

Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Lake Charles, LA
I recently purchased a Hobart Buffalo Chopper, its not in the best shape but the motor runs good. My father and I estimate it to be made around the 1940's or 50's but I truly have no idea. I plan on overhauling it and have already started inspecting it but backed off because it looks like I would need to replace a some bearings and a couple other parts. I would really like to have some schematics of it or maybe even a parts list before i dive in there and take the entire thing apart.

Point of this post being: is there anyone out there that knows anything about these old Hobart machines? I know that these are like the model T's of food processors and are very popular in restaurants. I just need to be pointed in the right direction (a parts place to call, website to visit etc). I appreciate any help you guys could give me!

Good luck hobart likes to guard thier parts and literature to a secret society. Ps if you have to call hobart prepare your anus

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky