Oklahoma onion smash burgers ala @indaswamp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
After seeing all the smash burgers on here, we had to do the onion one Keith did. Sorry not many photo’s.
Judy wanted to make them, so she decided to just make one big one for both of us to share. Had some ground brisket in the freezer, so here we go.

508C012B-E4B9-45C1-8EF7-C2AE79F2860A.jpeg

We didn’t have a big press, so we improvised!

D7F05C4A-6A66-4F3E-90BC-D7C4950E8717.jpeg

Looking good so far.

08EF6F98-3CEB-4FCA-B1C6-2BF82953E4B8.jpeg

Now the flip!

9A4D99E1-C548-4EC2-9D2D-11410AF5FC53.jpeg

And finally add the cheese.

0795F8EC-9E72-4E51-9192-CAF7F01CD00B.jpeg

And that is the last photo I got.
We have to get the flat top fired up & have some neighbors over for smash burgers.
So easy, but so good!
Thanks for stopping by folks!
Al

Looks great Al and love the amount of onions you used.

We did those also over the weekend, just been too lazy to post but will be doing again.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Looks awesome. Will be making some tonight for dinner. No other burger satisfies me as much as an Oklahoma onion smash burger. Thanks for sharing..

JC :emoji_cat:

After seeing all the smash burgers on here, we had to do the onion one Keith did. Sorry not many photo’s.
Judy wanted to make them, so she decided to just make one big one for both of us to share. Had some ground brisket in the freezer, so here we go.

View attachment 657840

We didn’t have a big press, so we improvised!

View attachment 657841

Looking good so far.

View attachment 657844

Now the flip!

View attachment 657842

And finally add the cheese.

View attachment 657843

And that is the last photo I got.
We have to get the flat top fired up & have some neighbors over for smash burgers.
So easy, but so good!
Thanks for stopping by folks!
Al
Looks yummy.
since we got our Blackstone, it's almost a weekly ritual. 2 oz balls, double stacked, sliced cheddar.

Looking good Al.

Nice looking smash burgers AL.

Point for sure
Chris

Good looking burger Al

Looks good, might have to try them tonight.

Share? What is this share word of which you speak?
As good as that burger looks I'd been hunched over it and growling at anyone that came close!!!!

Jim

Looks great Al and love the amount of onions you used.

We did those also over the weekend, just been too lazy to post but will be doing again.

Looks awesome. Will be making some tonight for dinner. No other burger satisfies me as much as an Oklahoma onion smash burger. Thanks for sharing..

JC :emoji_cat:

Those look good, it's definitely a favorite around our house.

Looks FANTASTIC. Thanks so much for posting a pic of that griddle. Been wanting one a long time and $40 at Lowes here.

Yep. And yours look awesome too! Bet that was good with ground brisket!!

I also have the same one zwiller zwiller .

I got one at Walmart for $20. Check the kitchen cast iron section.

Looks yummy.
since we got our Blackstone, it's almost a weekly ritual. 2 oz balls, double stacked, sliced cheddar.

Looks delicious Al. Probably on a homemade bun too....

Thanks a bunch guys, and yes it was Judy’s buns! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky