ok my first fatty with Q veiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
my first fatty out of the smoker i stuffed with salmi and cheese and fried chiken 
b90e4363_FATTYJUSTOUT.jpg

and now cut in half oh and ill show a before shot too.
04197926_fatty.jpg
3b0ee172_FATTYCUTINHALFFORAGOODLOOK.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Well your first fattie looks awesome there Joe. Now you do need some help with the bacon weave but I bet it tasted better then it looked??? Now the basket weave is really easy I thought but maybe it's not. Now just scroll down near the bottom of this thread and look at the bacon weave. Just try to make your next weave look like the one that bear did for you.http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fatty-rolling-by-silverwolf636  

Good work on the first one and thanks for the pictures!

I don't see anything wrong with that wrap - it held well, just not as fancy looking as a weave.  That's a darn pretty fatty!!  There's a couple good videos on youtube that show fatty technique you can check out, but I think you done good!!

I figure the only way a smoke fails is when you absolutely have to chuck whatever it is you attempted to smoke into the trash.  Anything else is a success as long as someone can eat it!  We all start somewhere and every smoke after that first one we improve, adapt and conquer!

Besides...is there such a thing as a bad fatty?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky