Oh Sweet Cheesus and eggs!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
this might be reduntant but Costco is always the same price on Tillamook. but Cash and Carry/ Smart and Final usually has five pound blocks for #13.00 and change quite often. they might only be a west coast thing but resteraunt suppy houses typically run less, watch their hot sheets. i just picked up 20LB of tillamook, Blue from costco and this week C&C has swiss on special so will get 10-20 of it and then load the smoker this week end.

tom

this might be reduntant but Costco is always the same price on Tillamook. but Cash and Carry/ Smart and Final usually has five pound blocks for #13.00 and change quite often. they might only be a west coast thing but resteraunt suppy houses typically run less, watch their hot sheets. i just picked up 20LB of tillamook, Blue from costco and this week C&C has swiss on special so will get 10-20 of it and then load the smoker this week end.

tom
Yep C&C is my go to spot for just about everything we smoke. The hot sheet specials do vary from store to store. Ours still has the Tillamook medium cheddar for $13 (not being advertised in the current hot sheet). Swiss is being advertised at $3.48/pound. Spare ribs $1.68.

Nice job Case. I've recently re-discovered my liking of egg salad and your idea of using some shredded cabbage in with it sounds delish and, of course, crunchy good. Will be giving that a whirl soon.....thx for the idea.....Willie

Nice job Case. I've recently re-discovered my liking of egg salad and your idea of using some shredded cabbage in with it sounds delish and, of course, crunchy good. Will be giving that a whirl soon.....thx for the idea.....Willie
Thanks Willie. I like to have a little crunchc in my egg salad and normally use celery, but was out of celery. The cabbage filled the crunch nicely and it really went well with the wasabi mayo.

Hey Case,

Looks great! Nice job with your pictures....you've got me craving smoked hardboiled eggs too!! :biggrin:

How long did you end up smoking your cheese for? I've got some Tillamook Vintage White I was going to smoke this weekend in preparation for making some homemade Smoked Pimento Cheese for family snacking over the Thanksgiving holiday. Looking for some ideas on how long to go for. We like using apple too.

Thanks!
Clarissa

I really need to try your egg method.. mine never come out right. ..

And..
I love the close up photography on the cheeesus and eeeggggggs!

Dirtsailor,

your right swiss is on sale , all my time in Medford now up here we miss the food 4 less, where i got my provalone rounds. as often i am in bend i always make a pass thru their cheese,,,something is always on sale and like a moth to a lightbulb i can't live with out it and theirs is sized to go right to the smoker...

tom

Hey Case,

Looks great! Nice job with your pictures....you've got me craving smoked hardboiled eggs too!! :biggrin:

How long did you end up smoking your cheese for? I've got some Tillamook Vintage White I was going to smoke this weekend in preparation for making some homemade Smoked Pimento Cheese for family snacking over the Thanksgiving holiday. Looking for some ideas on how long to go for. We like using apple too.

Thanks!
Clarissa

Clarissa I typically go about 4 hours, using apple or peach pellets. It really needs to mellow after that so no nibbling!!! You're going to live that vintage white smoked it is great. Cut the loaf down if it's a two pounder, quarter lengthwise, 5 pounder half then quarter the halves. The kerrigold dublinger is really good smoked too, we don't give that away!

Reactions: snorkelinggirl
I really need to try your egg method.. mine never come out right. ..

And..
I love the close up photography on the cheeesus and eeeggggggs!

It's the best method I have found and was taught to me by a chicken egg farmer who used to go outbidding with me when I had my charter fishing boat. He always brought the best deviled eggs!

beercheer.gif

Dublinger......now you have my undivided attention. have you tried the Yancy Horseradish Jack yet? i have some that will hit the smoker this week end, but a while until the update

tom

Clarissa I typically go about 4 hours, using apple or peach pellets. It really needs to mellow after that so no nibbling!!! You're going to live that vintage white smoked it is great. Cut the loaf down if it's a two pounder, quarter lengthwise, 5 pounder half then quarter the halves. The kerrigold dublinger is really good smoked too, we don't give that away!

Thank you, Case! And I like the consensus between you and Oregon Smoker on this!

I smoked cheese a few times last winter after getting inspired by your Bacon Trifecta post, but I was never particularly happy with the result. I'm looking forward to doing a better job this winter!

:beercheer:

Dublinger......now you have my undivided attention. have you tried the Yancy Horseradish Jack yet? i have some that will hit the smoker this week end, but a while until the update

tom

Yes and it is quite tasty! We picked some up at grocery outlet our other cheap cheese store. There's a Havarty Dill that we get there too that is awesome with smoked salmon or loxs.

Thank you, Case! And I like the consensus between you and Oregon Smoker on this!

I smoked cheese a few times last winter after getting inspired by your Bacon Trifecta post, but I was never particularly happy with the result. I'm looking forward to doing a better job this winter!

Non problem Clarissa! I hope you like your results better this year. Prior to packaging let your cheese sit loosely covered for a few days, the package it and don't touch it for a couple weeks. I still think pepper jack is my most favorite smoked cheese!

I love your Post...great job...cheese it what I like to do this time of year when it cools off along with the usual sausage pile..:Looks-Great:

Thanks!!! The smoked cheese has been a mainstay for our holiday gifts. And of course we end up with some for ourselves!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky