OH NO!!!!!!!! is it o.k. still

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 9, 2012
Lacey, WA.
I started to cold smoke some buckboard bacon yesterday around 10am I just jumped out of bead realizing that I never pulled it out of the smoker. its currently 39 degrees out side but it was in the smoker for 18 hours. Smoke for the first 5 hours. Is it still o.k. ( don't start drinkin beer with old friends while smoking is my new rule).

th_HaHa7_ani.gif
, I'm sorry for laughing, but I have done the same thing myself.......... Mine was sausage.......I fell asleep in my chair, my wife put me to bed. The next morning I started looking for my sausage in the kitchen and it dawned on me that I never brought it in, after I did and was able to taste it, it was fantastic!!!! It seems like it was able to cold smoke for several more hours after I turned off the gas, the wood keep on smoking it........ As long as it was cured and with it as cold as it was, you should be fine....... Oh, BTW......
worthless.gif
......ShoneyBoy........

Ill take some pics later today after I partially freeze, slice and vacume seal.

And I thought I was the only one who does stuff like that.......:biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky