• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Three Rib Roast on the RT Bullseye

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
4,921
Reaction score
3,831
Location
Everett, WA
My son was over this last weekend, so I pulled out a 3-rib roast from the freezer. I had given it a light coat of Montreal steak seasoning before I vac'd and froze it, then added some Kinders Prime Rib rub.
I wanted it to get some smoke, so I started it at 225° for about 3 hours, then cranked it up to 400° to finish. IT was 130° when I pulled it. Served it with some big bakers, and fresh corn picked that morning.
1790617309183.png

1790617338316.png

1790617366319.png

After I took the last shot, I sprinkled with a little finishing black garlic salt.

No complaints from my son on this one, but...
Note to self: I need to get my knives sharpened.
 
Last edited:
Nice Mike ,
and i like the idea of some Montreal steak on it before you freeze it.
I am normally in such a hurry when I get in with the foods , it goes right in the freezer in the store packs , unless I am addressing it for that days cook.

But will try it .

Nice meal and nice to have family around also.

David
 
That plate looks beautiful! And in case you don't get your knives sharpened... you are allowed to eat that cave man style!

Ryan
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky