Offset Smoker recommendations in California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It is finally here. Now need the spare the air days to stop so I can do some cooking.
20201012_141114.jpg 20201012_141125.jpg

Looks fabulous. Congratulations. I would fire it off any way. Not sure cooking applies the air thing does it ?

Reactions: sawhorseray
Unplug your stove and tell them it doesn’t work and a fella needs to fill the tank on his ass whopping machine

Let somebody else spare the air, you have a brand new beautiful offset smoker! Do a break-in burn, then do a cook. If you are going to heed all that spare the air crap in CA you'll wind up using your offset once a month, if you are lucky. There's too many people, too many cars, and too many fires, I know this to be true, I lived there for 67 years. Light it up! RAY

First smoke today. Brining 2 chickens and will spatchcock them and 1 rack of St. Louis style ribs. If this goes well with be doing a boneless leg of lamb and a brisket over the weekend. Have to make up for lost time.

Reactions: flatbroke
Now need the spare the air days to stop so I can do some cooking.

I just read the spare-the-air regulations for the Bay Area, Daspyk. The regs include outdoor grills and smokers. First offense, $100. Second $500. Third and beyond, higher.

They don't have a smilie here for what I'm thinking of those regulations.

Reactions: ofelles
Edit. I see you are going for it. Can’t wait for the results. Standing by

I just read the spare-the-air regulations for the Bay Area, Daspyk. The regs include outdoor grills and smokers. First offense, $100. Second $500. Third and beyond, higher.

They don't have a smilie here for what I'm thinking of those regulations.

No spare the air alerts so going for it. Got the first neighbor complaining. Told her there was no spare the air alert. Figuring I will get a visit from someone else next.

Throw a can of tofu on to build a bridge lol. Or a cabbage

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky