Ode to Foamheart Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Wanted to do Kevin's chili recipe as a tribute to him. He was so helpful to me and others.

Fried up some ground pork and beef. I like doing it this way as to get some nice browning. Would of went quicker on the flattop.

IMG_20221112_084730823_HDR.jpg

Fried up onions and garlic

IMG_20221112_083913599.jpg IMG_20221112_090447003_HDR.jpg

De-glazed pan. Cant waste that goodness.

IMG_20221112_090613561_HDR.jpg

Added the secret cowboy magic cow patty powder. No Ancho powder so I ground some up. Man that smelled good. I used my Chimayo Chili Powder for this.

IMG_20221112_090328627_HDR.jpg IMG_20221112_091247375_HDR.jpg

Added the tomatoes and liquid. That is my sourdough starter there. Making SD waffles this morning. Man those are good.

IMG_20221112_085315744_HDR.jpg IMG_20221112_085435895_HDR.jpg

All done. This was good but not great. It needs something for my taste but wanted to try to stay true to the recipe. Jake's recipe is one of the best I tried. I made a really good one last year but was just adding stuff on the fly and would never be able to re-create it.

IMG_20221112_103654673.jpg

Last edited:
It is definitely chili weather. I'd eat a bowl or two of that. With a big slab of jalapeno cheese cornbread.
Jim

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks good Brian. I made chili yesterday as well and sat in front of the fireplace watching football all day

Looks great to me Brian! And I love all these threads remembering Foamheart...can hear his sense of humor coming through!

Ryan

Awesome Brian! I had a feeling you’d be crushing some chili soon🤣 Great job, awesome tribute! Kevin sure helped me a lot and it’s great seeing some of his contributions come up.

Looks great Brian !
Love the browning of the beef technique . Nice work .

Got a link to this one? I'm going to defrost a pot roast for chili later this week, and am always on the look-out for a good recipe.

Thank you, Jake, it looks really good. It will be served Cincinnati style, over spaghetti with cheddar and onions on top. Long about Wednesday or Thursday.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Nice looking Chili Brian. It's supposed to snow here later on in the week. So chili season is definitely upon us.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky