October Throwdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Mose...... My first sausage failed miserably.... lose meat, torn casings etc.... It was a good learning experience...
My first throwdown was worse.... My picture sucked... WAY too small... You couldn't see the food.... I learned photography was the primary key to a great food presentation...
I think Squirrel was the member that noted that... She was a photographer...
Anywho, the take away is, failing gives one a point to improve from... and generally, a place to start....
The upside... You've got great grub to eat...
My sausages are good. My creativity and presentation need some work LOL!
We'll see. Maybe.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
All entrees must contain sausage in some form or another

Brian, this is a really cool concept. I've got a ton of different sausages in the freezers and got the thinking cap on trying to decide if I can put together something that's viable to enter. On a different note, if those sausages in the pic you posted for the event were made by you, kudos sir!! Those look fantastic.

Robert

well in instructions it say smoked that intro picture is not smoked i=IMHO. but iv'e been wrong before, cording to da wife

and pre-smoked always look better. after they all look kinda same

must be smoked. no old pics or posts, and in in original post it Did say intestines. and original post is not smoked

BEFORE YOU START COOKING TAPE YOUR CODE WORD TO YOUR CAMERA SO THAT YOU DO NOT FORGET!

Rules for entry

1. The featured item of the month must be smoked in a prominent manner to be eligible for entry into the TD

2. All entries must be prepared during the current TD period. The TD code word must be written on a piece of paper (or other medium) and displayed in the picture. Do not digitally add the code word, or your name, to the entry.
  • **The purpose of the code word is to validate that the item was smoked for the TD**
3. Entries are to be submitted to the Events Coordinator via private message by midnight Pacific Standard time on the last night of eligible voting. An entry consists of the following:
  • one picture (can pile as much or as little as you want in one picture) with the featured TD theme
  • Visible TD code word (see #2) in entry. Please do not move or delete the location of the photo submitted for entry to ensure everybody has a chance to view the item
  • Brief description of the item. Once the TD has ended the contestants are encouraged to create threads revealing their entries to the general public.
4. Do not post entries in the general forum, or reveal your entry, until after the contest winners have been determined or else your entry will be disqualified.

5. Only one entry per participant is permitted

Brian, this is a really cool concept. I've got a ton of different sausages in the freezers and got the thinking cap on trying to decide if I can put together something that's viable to enter. On a different note, if those sausages in the pic you posted for the event were made by you, kudos sir!! Those look fantastic.

Robert

Yes made those years ago. That picture was before smoking.

Can i play?

Yes.

The entry has to be smoked in some fashion. The sausage can be cased or loose. Type of casing doesn't matter.

As for entries I prefer email but PM will work also.

Thanks and good luck.

Sausage fest !!!
1634000707602.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky