• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured October Throwdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
This months theme will be .......................................................

Intestines

DSC_5337.jpg

More specifically sausage. All entrees must contain sausage in some form or another. It can be in or out of a casing. This will allow for alot of creativity.

All entries must have a description of what it is in the email and be just 1 picture. I don't care if you display it out on a cutting board or have to use multiple plates but it can only be 1 image. No collage's just 1 single unaltered picture.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

I can't wait to see this one unfold. It will run until end of day 11/7/21

The rules are the same and available HERE.

Code Word: Ghost

Please submit all entries to me by the end of the day on 11/7/2021. Please email all entries to [email protected]

Good Luck everyone. Now get those wheels turning.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Now this is one I just might get in on.....right in my wheel house.
This may be just what I need to finally stuff a few. That said I know for sure you and a few others are top notch for this one. Your sausage work is AAA+ Thanks for pulling yet another of these challenges together Brian.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Yes thanks Brian.
This one is just outside my comfort zone . But we will see :emoji_sunglasses:

David

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Brian, you're killing me.
After crashing and burning in the couple of throw downs I've entered I told myself never again.
I love making sausage, though.
Woe is me.....

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
With a month to decide and at least 6 kinds of sausage in my freezer.... I'm in.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
LOL... I just put 10# of pepperoni Stix, 5# of Todds jerky, and 5# of breakfast links in the freezer today. Thats OK, I'll think of something else. Freezer is nearly bear/bare and I am trying to restore a little early this year. Hunter friends seem to be stopping in. LOL.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Brian, you're killing me.
After crashing and burning in the couple of throw downs I've entered I told myself never again.
I love making sausage, though.
Woe is me.....
Hey Mose...... My first sausage failed miserably.... lose meat, torn casings etc.... It was a good learning experience...
My first throwdown was worse.... My picture sucked... WAY too small... You couldn't see the food.... I learned photography was the primary key to a great food presentation...
I think Squirrel was the member that noted that... She was a photographer...
Anywho, the take away is, failing gives one a point to improve from... and generally, a place to start....
The upside... You've got great grub to eat...

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
So...this is a throwdown on making a dish WITH sausage?
Not a throwdown on making sausage? Correct?

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
More specifically sausage. All entrees must contain sausage in some form or another. It can be in or out of a casing. This will allow for alot of creativity.
I believe it is a dish, or meal that must contain sausage, cased or not. Or I would suppose just sausage by itself, also, I believe the sausage can be store purchased or homemade.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
That's the way I understand it.
It wouldn't be fair to to a majority of folks who don't make sausage.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
All entrees must contain sausage in some form or another. It can be in or out of a casing. This will allow for alot of creativity.
I'm banking on any dish with sausage. But I can go both ways.
NK4bucA.jpg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.