Now that’s an ugly butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Like a goofball I accidentally got a butt that had the bone removed and it just looks funny. I’ve done boneless before I just don’t remember them looking quite this odd.

Well, she’s gonna get started in a few. Pulled pork tomorrow!

upload_2019-2-8_21-37-44.jpeg

I just don't understand this Boneless trend.
How can you walk or sit on a boneless butt?
There's just no frame there.
How can a Boneless chicken even scratch and peck?

I deboned my butt today before hacking it up for snack stick sausage meat.
You haven't been had till you've had your butt deboned! It's quite a difficult procedure.

Yep. I hate doing boneless butts. They don't cook the same, and they are hard to handle since they just flop around.

It's the one thing I hate about Costco, since they only sell the boneless butts.

Reactions: 73saint
Truss that Butt into shape, liike a Victorian fat girl in a corset.

It's cheaper to keep her...

You guys are cracking me up. Yeah it’s a floppy, ugly beeeoch. But it’ll work.

I was rooting around in the bin and they were bone in. I was looking for this size and grabbed it not realizing it was the only boneless one in the bin. Thanks Wally World.

At about 3 1/2 hours in:
upload_2019-2-9_1-30-23.jpeg

upload_2019-2-9_1-30-55.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-9_1-30-36.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_1-30-36.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Unique Name
All this Butt talk makes me think of my Urologist.
What kid ever told you they wanted to grow up to do what they do?
(Chile, You brought it up with your putting rub inside the butt.)

Boneless Butt pRon
View attachment 387531

Sonny, as long as you didn't enjoy your prostate exam.... Well, even if you did.... Ummm, nevermind.... LMAO.

Never have.
He had a different test done. Called a PHI. They draw blood and do a Prostate Health Index.
Different than a PSA test, it gives a percentage of your chance of contracting Prostate Cancer.
My PHI is 3.8%. Extremely low possibility of me getting Prostate Cancer.
For anybody being subjected to these... Digital Exams, as the nurses call them... Suggest your Doctor educate himself and do a PHI before they start thinking your butt is anything but EXIT ONLY!
What a disgusting line of work! Weirdos.

We now return you to our regular Programming...
Beautiful Trussed Butts, Chile!
Everything you make is just mouth watering!
Great advice about deboned Boston Butts.
Thanks!

Chile,
Yeah,I have actually trussed them up before, even did one that was bone-in that wanted to flop around. This wasn't too big and I just kinda tucked it in a pan and let er ride. Plus, my wife has been reorganizing again and I couldn't find the trussing string and neither could she. I always keep some on hand. Errrrr.

She cleaned up pretty nice actually, at least taste wise. Seein' that I hadn't had my hands on a butt in a while, I could resist the urge to inject (sorry, couldn't hold off any longer [pardon the pun]).

Shot her up with a mixture of mostly apple juice with some ACV, splash of pineapple and water and just a skosh of Butcher BBQ for Pork. About 1/4 strength all told. Loaded up the UDS with KBB and some mini/micro splits of oak; equal to about 3-4 good chunks. She hung out at 250* while I slept. Got up this am and due to the cold weather (upper 30s overnight-which is damn cold for me) I had to add more charcoal to finish. I covered the pan in foil and poured some of the AJ, AVC, pineapple juice mixture over it for the home stretch.

I don't typically do mine in a pan, but due to her ugliness and floppiness I opted to go that rout. You loose a tad bit of bark on the bottom and lower edges, but I didn't complain. I saved the pan juices, defatted in the fridge and added some vinegar for a finishing sauce.

upload_2019-2-9_15-42-47.jpeg
upload_2019-2-9_15-42-47.jpeg

upload_2019-2-9_15-43-11.jpeg

Once again on my fine china. I know I am supposed to do coleslaw with pulled pork, which I do like, but I had some tater salad left from making a gumbo this week and some pinto/charro beans that needed to be eaten. Threw some wings on as an afterthought and dusted em with Kosmos Parm Dust. It's good stuff. A PP slider and some to just eat.

upload_2019-2-9_15-54-40.jpeg

upload_2019-2-9_15-54-52.jpeg

Smokem if ya gottem!

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-9_15-48-35.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_15-48-35.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-2-9_15-49-12.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_15-49-12.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-2-9_15-49-12.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_15-49-12.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-2-9_15-51-24.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_15-51-24.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 3
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • upload_2019-2-9_15-54-9.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-9_15-54-9.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 3
Chile,
Yeah,I have actually trussed them up before, even did one that was bone-in that wanted to flop around. This wasn't too big and I just kinda tucked it in a pan and let er ride. Plus, my wife has been reorganizing again and I couldn't find the trussing string and neither could she. I always keep some on hand. Errrrr.

She cleaned up pretty nice actually, at least taste wise. Seein' that I hadn't had my hands on a butt in a while, I could resist the urge to inject (sorry, couldn't hold off any longer [pardon the pun]).

Shot her up with a mixture of mostly apple juice with some ACV, splash of pineapple and water and just a skosh of Butcher BBQ for Pork. About 1/4 strength all told. Loaded up the UDS with KBB and some mini/micro splits of oak; equal to about 3-4 good chunks. She hung out at 250* while I slept. Got up this am and due to the cold weather (upper 30s overnight-which is damn cold for me) I had to add more charcoal to finish. I covered the pan in foil and poured some of the AJ, AVC, pineapple juice mixture over it for the home stretch.

I don't typically do mine in a pan, but due to her ugliness and floppiness I opted to go that rout. You loose a tad bit of bark on the bottom and lower edges, but I didn't complain. I saved the pan juices, defatted in the fridge and added some vinegar for a finishing sauce.

View attachment 387586View attachment 387587
View attachment 387588

Once again on my fine china. I know I am supposed to do coleslaw with pulled pork, which I do like, but I had some tater salad left from making a gumbo this week and some pinto/charro beans that needed to be eaten. Threw some wings on as an afterthought and dusted em with Kosmos Parm Dust. It's good stuff. A PP slider and some to just eat.

View attachment 387595

View attachment 387597

Smokem if ya gottem!
Wonderful!
Nice job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky