Novice with a build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mazehavoc

Original poster
Hello all.  You can call me Dale cuz that's my name ;) .  I live in south east Michigan and as the title states I am a novice to the world of meat smoking BBQ.  I have been interested for a long time but never was able to get going.  Well I acquired an older fridge and am attempting to build my smoker.  It has a smoke box (edit: Chamber ) of about 17 cubic feet.  I designed it with a 1500w element with an Auberins PID controller, 3" vent and a 9"x2" adjustable air intake.  I am planing on using a smoke tube with pellets for the smoke.  So here is my burning question.  Will a smoke tube produce adequate smoke for this setup?  Do I need to do something different?  I am hoping to give it a go this weekend.

Thanks

Last edited:
welcome1.gif

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

I haven't used the tube, but I do use the maze, and I know that you get more smoke out of the tube. As such, I can confidently state that you will get plenty of smoke from the tube for that volume!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky