Novice Checking In

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MrFrost

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 5, 2017
Suburb of Chicago
Been very interested in smoking meat for a long while, and a few years ago got an electric Masterbuilt cabinet smoker and used a pellet tray for my smoke. Never really got much success with that smoker, and although I would get some good tasting food, to me, it lacked a real smoke flavor/taste. I am sure it was me that was the problem, not the smoker. Before the Masterbuilt, I did try my hand at a cheap Walmart offset, but quickly determined that I was not cut out for that kind of smoking, I did not enjoy tending to the fire/smoke like that.

So I finally settled on a pellet grill. After a lot of looking, I settled on the Pit Boss Pro 1150 V3 from Lowe's. Should be here this week, hopefully by Friday. I had actually picked it up myself, but once home and unboxing, it was very evident that this unit had been dropped or something, as many of the leg/base pieces including the bottom shelf were dented to the point that it wouldn't even assemble.

Lowe's Customer Service though, was amazing. I called up and informed them what happened, and they scheduled a pickup of the damaged grill, then said they will assemble the replacement, and deliver it (I know it is a free service offered when you spend over a certain amount, but I didn't ask for it because I like to put my own stuff together) to ensure that this one is perfect. Even though I am sure I will check it over myself, call me OCD, I think that was handled very well by them.

Can't wait to start trying some of the amazing recipes I read on here.

Welcome from Iowa! Look forward to seeing you put your new smoker to work!

Ryan

Welcome from Utah. Make sure you check out an A-MAZE-N smoker tube to add to your pellet grill. Pellet gills are super convenient, and work really well. Sometimes the smoke flavor can be a little lacking. This little tool can help quite a bit. You can pick them up at Lowes too...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky