Nothing fancy tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
Not a lot of time, and forgot I had a pack of thighs in the fridge and had to cook ... so ...
Just some of Jeff’s original rub all around, and a mixture of apple and cherry wood on the Pit Boss.
Potato wedges coated with oil and some salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
Pulled thighs at 170 IT and finished in a 450 oven with some Memphis BBQ (Maybe a tad over time, but skin was great), add a simple veg medley.
Passable, and time for a golf cart booze cruise :emoji_grinning:
05FC52B9-F814-4334-AA8C-624389FE67F0.jpeg
5A30231F-9603-41A1-995B-D6D3689C7152.jpeg

Looks pretty good from where I'm sittin' you should have plenty of room for dessert, Like! RAY

Looks great and perfectly cooked. How long did you keep it in the oven for the crispness?
Thanks.

Mike

Looks great and perfectly cooked. How long did you keep it in the oven for the crispness?
Thanks.

Mike
About 15-20 minutes. Skin was reasonably crispy coming out of smoker, mainly carmelizing the sauce, but got stuck on a call and went a bit longer than I planned.

Reactions: MJB05615
Thanks for the kind words and likes. Someday I’ll learn how to call out by names as I’ve seen a few guys do it. :emoji_thinking:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky