Nothing fancy, just some smoked cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice Jim! It's definitely cheese season here now. You need to make more so you have a nice little stash going.

Looks good. Hoping for cooler weather as well for some more cheese smoking
thanks Hawg, hang in there we'll send some cooler weather down there soon, i'll probably have 5-6 month's now of cheese smoking weather. thanks for the like!

Nice job and a good load Jim, Like! I have to wait a few months here to smoke more cheese and lox, that's just life in the desert. RAY
thank you very much Ray, hope ya made enough last year to get you through, never been to a desert not sure i ever will i think i would pass out in that heat. thanks for the like!

It's been perfect weather for smoking cheese. The color looks good.
thank you Denny, yeah the weather is finally cooling down enough for smoking cheese, it should stay cool enough for a few month's now. thanks for the like!

No, just vacuum seal it in a good quality bag and leave it in the fridge. I've heard of some having cheese that is 5 years old. The flavor is beyond words.
wow 5 years, couldn't imagine what that would taste like, may have to get a vacum sealer, i just put in ziploc bags and freeze it, not sure if they actually age when frozen though.

Looks good Jim....

As Ray said we still have to wait until Dec/Jan time before it's cool enough to do cheese.

And we just finished the last of the smoked cheese I did this spring.

John
Thanks John, Dec. will be here before ya know it, if ya feel like driving east though i would be happy to give ya some to hold you over. thanks for the like!

tenor.gif

Nice job Jim that cheese looks great man!

Reactions: smokerjim
I was going to ask about aging smoked cheese but it looks like the longer you can resist eating it the better it gets.
I found some commercial cheese that when I bought it, it was aged 7 years and that was 5 years ago! I love a nice sharp cheddar with a cup of hot coffee. Give it a try

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky