Not Spring Here - Yet!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
After having a beautiful and warm (albeit howling winds) yesterday, this is what we woke up to this morning. It's 4 degrees with a

-12 windchill (wind is still blowing with some pretty good gusts occasionally). We have a blizzard warning and a winter storm warning in effect until 6 PM local time. Forecasting 8-14 inches

Sunny and 75 here already...

All the plants are up and growing..

Pictures later...

Craig

Sunny and 75 here already...

All the plants are up and growing..

Pictures later...

Craig
Sounds great Craig! I don't think we have 75 until July!!!!
That snow should help the ground moisture...  I hear you are still in a drought....   

Dave
Yes we are - red flag warnings, burn bans and water restrictions. I'll take whatever moisture we can get but it doesn't have to be this COLD!!!!

Alesia,

Yup, due to the "predicted" weather the kids have no school today. It's extremely windy here. I'm SOOooo done with winter this year...ready for camping season. We're heading out this weekend to short excursion to Cheyenne Mountain State Park. A little camping/grilling and beer drinking!

C'mon Summer!!!

~Brett

Dang, Alesia...that's rough!  I heard one of the national morning show weathermen say this morning that there were places that had 50* or more temperature swings in less than 24 hours.  It'd be pretty tough to be in shirtsleeves last night and wake up to that this morning.

We are going to share some of that Weather coming across yall on Thursday.  Not going to be fun here either....they are already predicting Tornados and TStorms.  Remember 2 years ago...all too well with the ones that hit less than 5 miles away.

Keep Warm Girl!

Kat

Hmm, I guess I'll stop complaining about Michigan weather after seeing Alesia's pics!

Even though we have no snow, we are stuck in this groundhog day-like cycle where it seems like it's been 45 degrees and white/grey skies for the last month. It's like living in a padded room at the looney bin! Everyone is getting a little stir crazy and cranky with eachother.

Say goingcamping what kind of camping you gona do is this stuff, watch your grill it might blow away
xmas_snowman.gif

Say goingcamping what kind of camping you gona do is this stuff, watch your grill it might blow away:xmas_snowman:

The weathermen are predicting a warm-up the next few days, so as long as I have temps in the 60's (as predicted) I'm a happy camper (literally and figuratively)! Alesia is about 2,000'~ higher than me (I'm at 6,300'). Brrrrr!

If you notice, the current temp is 19*F and windy...I decided to cook a few pork butts for the local firehouse for tomorrow today...bad idea; however, they are smoking away and are at an IT of 160*!

Frank's not let me down yet...13*F-65*F, he's a monster, set him at temp, get the smoke going and you'll be rewarded with good "goods"!

The temperature differences from Monday to Tuesday were unreal. Generally 30-55 or more degrees cooler. We didn't get the snow they were calling for and I would much prefer that to the wind and bitter cold. It's a whopping 14 degrees at 10 AM, but the sun is shining beautifully! 

Goingcamping - I guess you don't have burn restrictions down there. We do until further notice, so I'm not camping if I can't have a campfire. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Wow Alesia! You're 8,000+ feet up in mountains of Colorado?? To a flatlander like me over here on the Third Coast (Great Lakes)), that is camping.

Funny question. At what temp does water boil on your stove??
pot.gif

Alesia,

At the state parks they generally allow fires (only in the metal rings that are on concrete)...even in the driest years, we've had camp fires...Of course as knee jerk as we are in this country, that'll most likely change due to Waldo Canyon and The High Park fires...I cannot recall one wildfire started from an established fire ring at a state park campground?
~Brett

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky