Noob in search of knowledge

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bhgoen, Sep 17, 2008.

1. bhgoen

bhgoen Newbie

Hello all,
    In a nutshell, I wanted a smoker for a while but never bought one. After providing no "list" for Father's Day, my wife picked up a GOSM smoker as a gift. Why is it that wives always remember stuff like that and we (at least I) never pick on the hints? lol So anyway, I smoked a rack of pork ribs and a chicken . The results, not exactly as I had hoped but edible. A little internet research later and I stumbled upon this site. I have learned a great deal from reading the posts and articles so far and am planning on attempt 2 this weekend.

Let me just thank you all for the great ideas and fundamental knowledge I have gained thus far. I hope to be able to add to the discussions at some point.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Bryan[/font]

2. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, just read the forums you are interested in and sign up for the five day free course,

Good luck Ron

3. brandsbay

brandsbay Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF bhgoen,look forwad to you next smoke,don't foget the Qview

4. gnubee

gnubee Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome from another newb. There is a lot of stuff on SMF , a bit confusing at first but it does finally sort itself out. I finished the 5 day course in 1 day cause I sprung for the Mp3 video. 4 days later my whole 5 day course was in my email and I re read it. It sure is a really good starting point for us newbs I highly recommend it.

5. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF.