Noob from not always sunny California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoknitup

Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Los Angeles
hey folks,

spent a good amount of time reading through some threads trying to figure out what people thought of the masterbuilt pro dual fuel. made the plunge and picked it up yesterday from my local HD. built it, cured it and immediately made a brisket, chicken and single rack of spare ribs. very glad I took the plunge. huge difference from my old r2-d2 looking brinkman. anyways thought I'd sign up and hopefully learn some more tips and tricks from all you kind folks.

cheers!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the fourm. It is surprising how much can be learned from just one site. Stick around and read it all. It has helped me to make my bbq go from "not bad to hey that's awesome".

Welcome to the group!  You've found a great place to share ideas on all things smoked, cured, grilled, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who really know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

Red

You sound exactly like me... .same thing...took the plunge by buying the Masterbuilt Pro dual, and after seasoning it... put in a couple of racks of ribs and a pork loin.  Pretty satisfied with my first smoke.  and ironic.... I am happy and find this much more fun than my old BRINKMAN that I used to own years ago. 

Hello smoke. Welcome to the group. This is a great place to learn the art of smoking just about any food you care to mention. Lots of nice , helpful folks on this forum. You will enjoy the time you spend here.
I also used to have a brinkmann bullet smoker and although I turned out some semi decent 'cue on it , I knew it could be better....and easier. I got a weber smoky mountain and it's been a world of difference. And I have learned tons from reading the posts on here. Good luck.

Hey smokedat*, welcome to SMF. At lot of us here started out on the ol' ECB (r2-d2). I gave up on it because the darn thing wouldn't stay lit or it got blazing hot (yeah-this was WAY before I learned about fire control). The Duo-fuel is a good unit but Ma Dutch absolutely will not let me buy another smoker. She's drawing the line at 5.

Enjoy the Smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky