Non Sourdough Starter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Doing something different.

Non sourdough starter. Called Poolish

150g AP flour
150g Filtered or bottled water (room temp)
1 pinch of yeast
container with a lid.

Mix the poolish very good, cover

Let rise from 4-24 hours on counter.
IMG_4379 2.JPG

BBL

Abi (my better half) does sourdough starters quite often and uses them for anything and everything.. they make awesome pancakes by the way.

I'll watch how this one goes for you with interest!

Hope i dont overproof this one.

Mixed the poolish with 98* water 210g
stir together good.
IMG_4393.JPG

Mixed in my flour, yeast and salt. Mix good to hydrate the flour and let rest covered for 30 mins.
IMG_4394.JPG

First fold, cover and let reat another 30 mins.
IMG_4395.JPG

Great results on this kettle bread.

Rolled into a large boule.
pbr3.JPG

Now in the well floured banneton for a final 45 min rise.
pbr4.JPG

In the pre heated dutch. I still gotta get this down good.
pbr5.JPG

Scored the top with scissors.
pbr6.JPG

Covered and in the kettle for 22 mins
pbr7.JPG

pbr8.JPG

Rotate dutch and take the lid off for 18 mins
pbr8.JPG

All done looking and smelling good. Cool time
pbr10.JPG

Bottom turned out good.
IMG_4408.JPG

Looks good. Taste good.
IMG_4409.JPG

With some chimichurri for some friends.
IMG_4410.JPG

A lot of bread and pizza guys swear by poolish I love the taste of sourdough so any recipe calling for poolish gets Luigi my sourdough buddy/ starter. Your bread looks awesome, one question don't you have a sharp knife or dough lame? :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_thumbsup:

One slice with the lame held at a 45* angle will help with your bread rise which will also open up the internal bread structure.
Dan :emoji_thumbsup:

A lot of bread and pizza guys swear by poolish I love the taste of sourdough so any recipe calling for poolish gets Luigi my sourdough buddy/ starter. Your bread looks awesome, one question don't you have a sharp knife or dough lame? :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_thumbsup:

One slice with the lame held at a 45* angle will help with your bread rise which will also open up the internal bread structure.
Dan :emoji_thumbsup:
Cut dough or operate?
IMG_4419.JPG

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky