• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Nominees for Darwin Awards

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Don't they have to die though?
Close enough ...

The Darwin Awards: A Chronicle of Enterprising Demises is a tongue-in-cheek honor named after evolutionary theorist Charles Darwin. Awards have been given for people who "do a service to Humanity by removing themselves from the gene pool" (i.e., lose the ability to reproduce either by death or sterilization in a comically idiotic fashion). According to Wendy Northcutt, author of the Darwin Award books: "The Awards honor people who ensure the long-term survival of the human race by removing themselves from the gene pool in a sublimely idiotic fashion." The Darwin Award books state that an attempt is made to disallow known urban legends from the awards, but some older "winners" have been 'grandfathered' to keep their awards. The Darwin Awards site[sup][1][/sup] does try to verify all submitted stories, but many similar sites, and the vast number of circulating "Darwin awards" emails, are largely fictional.[sup][2][/sup]

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
LOL---Beauty!

They should break into a mental ward.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
I presume that was a plexi glass window that bounced the rock or ball back (TWICE).  But was going on behind the window?

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Hey Paul that one is funny - did you watch the soccar one - man that was brutal

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
If that wasn't fake I'll say they be the 2 dumbest.....

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Now thats funny even if it was put on.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.