No smoke weekend.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Laurens S.C.
Well I have been busy entertaining people in nursing homes this week on top of work. I know it seems easy but all the dancing and squating down to take pictures can wear you out. My legs are sore for sure, but over the years I have done this I have learned nothing means more to some than a hug. Doing for others is what Christ wanted from each of us. You have to fight back the tears when you see those in pain or close to deaths door smile. Me and the wife ....
Resized_20221215_163722.jpeg

Tomorrow I will do my bulk beef short rib ragu and can it for long term storage. Stay tuned.

What a smile you must spread four20!
That's a lot of work but many rewards for you and the wife.

Keith

Hugs are mighty important! So are all the people there you are giving them to!

Ryan

That is so cool of you, four20. My hat is off to you.

My SIL dressed up as Grinch to visit our Grand son's kindergarten class and it was such a huge hit that he ended up visiting every class in the whole elementary school. The teachers and kids just loved him! And yeah, he was tired.

Nice. The covid lock out must have really sucked for you.
My wife used to volunteer weekly at a memory care unit until the Covid. They still haven't opened up enough for her to return.
I've done my tally for years. Moved to a active duty, family and veteran support group a few years ago. Not able to give as much time as i would like due to my job.

Well I have been busy entertaining people in nursing homes this week on top of work. I know it seems easy but all the dancing and squating down to take pictures can wear you out. My legs are sore for sure, but over the years I have done this I have learned nothing means more to some than a hug. Doing for others is what Christ wanted from each of us. You have to fight back the tears when you see those in pain or close to deaths door smile. Me and the wife ....
View attachment 651436
Tomorrow I will do my bulk beef short rib ragu and can it for long term storage. Stay tuned.
May God bless you for your volunteer service.

I know your tired, but your rewards to come will be many. Great looking couple.

If you on intsagram...Look up "OfficialMrGrouchy" hes a hoot.

Jim

There's nothing better then seeing a smile or receiving a hug from an elder. Quite a few live a very lonely life unfortunately, and this may be their yearly highlight.

Point for sure
Chris

May God bless you for your volunteer service.

Nice. The covid lock out must have really sucked for you.
My wife used to volunteer weekly at a memory care unit until the Covid. They still haven't opened up enough for her to return.
I've done my tally for years. Moved to a active duty, family and veteran support group a few years ago. Not able to give as much time as i would like due to my job.
Yes the lockdowns sucked. I watched every day as the residents just became lonelier and lonelier. That was when I started my costume collection. This year I sank $1000.00 in an Elvis costume, and they loved it. The Grinch allows me to be more playful than Santa and the residents love it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky