No more round AMNTS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Was on Todd's site today and noticed that the AMNTS is now oval.No more round tubes?

Is the oval that much better than the round?

I guess I'll find out as I just ordered two 12" tubes,got a long smoke next weekend and needed some back-up!

Is the oval that much better than the round?

I guess I'll find out as I just ordered two 12" tubes,got a long smoke next weekend and needed some back-up!
My local Walmart carries the 12in oval so I picked one up last week. I have never used the round but one advantage I could think of is that the oval probably won’t roll around like the round would. Either way I love this thing, makes smoking in my MES a lot less labor intensive.

My local Walmart carries the 12in oval so I picked one up last week. I have never used the round but one advantage I could think of is that the oval probably won’t roll around like the round would. Either way I love this thing, makes smoking in my MES a lot less labor intensive.

I'm not so worried about rolling around as I use the u-bolt mod.My major concern is burn rate,either way I'll find out soon enough!

I'm not so worried about rolling around as I use the u-bolt mod.My major concern is burn rate,either way I'll find out soon enough!
I think the paperwork claimed 4 hours of tbs, and I got 4.5 on my rib smoke today and got a solid 5 hours on some CSR’s I did a while back.

I wish I knew about that yesterday. I spent hours looking for an AMNTS or off-brand variant before giving up and ordering on Amazon.

I literally burned out a tube smoker last year. Replaced it, and got the oval tube without noticing it was oval on the website. I like it and the fact the large one extends/retracts, although after a few cooks with it, it gets a lot of carbon on it making it hard to adjust, but oven cleaning spray will take care of that. And it won't roll around on the tray of my MES 40"

U-bolt mod works fine with the oval tube as far as fit,so no big deal there.

Curious as if I will get better or worse burn rate,I'll find out this weekend.My hunch is exactly the same but I'll post results after the smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky