• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

School Auction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
3,579
Reaction score
3,976
Location
Farmington, MN
My son's school is doing a fund raiser auction. Came across this and I'm tempted.

Masterbuilt 30-inch Analog Electric Smoker
3 Bags of Wood Chips
Seasoning
Tongs
Spatula

Right now going at $130.
Thoughts?
 
Depends on if you are considering this as a donation to your son's school, or getting a good deal. Four on Craigslist here right now from $40 to $100. Two don't have pics so they might be 40s.
 
@dsk true. This one is new in the box. My niece gets married next weekend and her hubby to be is a semi pro fisherman without a smoker. I think you see where I'm going here.
 
@dsk true. This one is new in the box. My niece gets married next weekend and her hubby to be is a semi pro fisherman without a smoker. I think you see where I'm going here.
Good gifts might get you rewarded with fish! We trade sweet corn for fish... just sayin!
 
Since it's for a good cause, re-wire it and then give it to him.
PS: that might encourage more fish or fishing trips.:emoji_wink:
 
@brokeni have a 40 MES BT that he could rewire for free. Plus it's out of my garage then.

As it's a wedding present, it's better to give something new. I suggest using the $150 you were willing to spend and getting him a brand spanking new Auber and a couple of wire nuts. And then tell him where he can get a free smoker. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky