Ninja Drums & Thighs, with Pan-Fried Zucchini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Ninja Drums & Thighs, with Pan-Fried Zucchini

This Newest Toy makes Great food, but really outdoes itself when it comes to Chicken Parts, with or without Bones.
So this time it’s 2 Drums & 4 Thighs that I sprinkled some CBP, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika on before Refrigerating for a few hours.
Then I plugged in the Ninja, set it on “Air Fryer”, and set it on 390° for 30 minutes.
Then after 10 minutes I flipped them all and sauced both sides.
After another 8 minutes, sauced the top side again.
After 4 more minutes they were all over 180°, and had nice color, so I shut it down.
The Drums got Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce (Her’s), and the Thighs got Jeff’s BBQ Sauce (Mine).
The first Night’s Supper had Green Beans on the side, and Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy.

My Second Night’s Supper I had one Thigh, along with a bunch of Pan-Fried, Breaded Zucchini Slices, and a Pickled Red Beet Egg.

Then on the Third Night, I cut up another Thigh, and finished up the leftover Zuke Slices.

Then I had another slice of that Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Mrs Bear made a day or 2 earlier.

That’s All Folks!! Hope you enjoyed!

Bear

Seasoned & in the Ninja Air Fryer Basket @ 390°:
IMG_7443.jpeg

After 10 minutes, Flipped & Sauced both sides:
IMG_7444.jpeg

After 8 more minutes, sauced top side again:
IMG_7445.jpeg

After 4 more minutes---Total 22 Minutes, All Done @ over 180°:
IMG_7446.jpeg

Bear's first Supper---2 Thighs with Green Beans & Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy:
IMG_7448.jpeg

Sliced up Zucchini, ready for Breading:
IMG_7451.jpeg

My Beautiful Breading Machine Hard at Work:
IMG_7452.jpeg

Anybody for Tic Tac Toe in Molten Butter?
IMG_7454.jpeg

Bear's Second Night's Supper, with Pan Fried Zuke Slices & A Pickled Red Beat Egg:
IMG_7455.jpeg

Bear's Third Night's Supper of 1 cut up Thigh & the rest of the Pan Fried Zuke Slices:
IMG_7458.jpeg

And the Precious Last Slice of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie:
IMG_7456.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7453.jpeg
    IMG_7453.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 6
Bear,

That looks great need to find me some of those pickled eggs and I haven't had a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie since I was a kid!!

Looks great worth the like!!!!!

You are killing with that pie John, where's my piece! We were on the same wave length again this week, did a fried batch of zukes in olive oil, eat 'em cold right out of the fridge, like candy. I'm going to give butter a shot, looks delicious, Like! RAY
DSCN3323.JPG

You are killing with that pie John, where's my piece! We were on the same wave length again this week, did a fried batch of zukes in olive oil, eat 'em cold right out of the fridge, like candy. I'm going to give butter a shot, looks delicious, Like! RAY
View attachment 511591
Dayumm sawhorse that looks good. Can you post the recipe?

Reactions: flatbroke
Looks delicious. What did you use for breading on the zucchini?

Thank You Peachy!
Just Egg & Italian Bread Crumbs "Giant".

Bear

Bear,

That looks great need to find me some of those pickled eggs and I haven't had a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie since I was a kid!!

Looks great worth the like!!!!!

Thank You Raven!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dayumm sawhorse that looks good. Can you post the recipe?

Sure Peach! Skin the zukes with a vegetable peeler, cut 'em in half lengthwise, dredge in flour, roll in egg wash, dredge in Italian bread crumbs. Pan fry in olive oil, medium heat with a flip until golden brown on each side, set on paper towels to drain. Don't get the oil too hot, they've got a lot of moisture inside, takes longer than you'd think, about as long as chicken frying. My mama used to make these for me, absolutely love 'em, even good cold. RAY

Sure Peach! Skin the zukes with a vegetable peeler, cut 'em in half lengthwise, dredge in flour, roll in egg wash, dredge in Italian bread crumbs. Pan fry in olive oil, medium heat with a flip until golden brown on each side, set on paper towels to drain. Don't get the oil too hot, they've got a lot of moisture inside, takes longer than you'd think, about as long as chicken frying. My mama used to make these for me, absolutely love 'em, even good cold. RAY
Thank you so much buddy.

Reactions: flatbroke
Awesome meals for sure!! Those thighs make my mouth water and we love fried zucchini. For low carb we usually do egg wash and then a blend of almond flour and Parmesan. So tasty! Shoot we love zuchini even just cut into spears snd baked with a little EVOO and S&P.

Those are great looking meals John. The Chicken has great color and that Ninja is very consistent. I usually don't eat Zukes, but between those and the ones Ray made, I gotta give it a try. Great job.

Wow!!! Everything looks good but that chicken is incredible!

Thank You Brian!!
I never was Big on Chicken, until I got this Ninja. Unbelievable Chicken.

Bear

Everything looks pretty darn good. I will have to try some of this. Thanks for sharing.
Oh yeah, did you make the eggs? I would like to make some of those.

Thank You Hooked !!
Appreciate that!

Bear

View attachment 511591

Thank You Ray!!
And for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky