Niner Game Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
About a month back Cousin Kurt said he was in for the big Thursday night game between the 49'ers and Cards so I said I'd do beef short ribs on the SQ36. Monday he calls and says he's got some Halloween obligations, games off. That gave me time to get the slab of ribs back into the freezer before any thaw had occurred. I dug around the freezer and found one of my few remaining 45 day aged ribeye steaks, into the Sous Vide pot at 131º as recommended to stay away from possible parthenogens. !31º works, that'll do me just fine! I used my standard flame-thrower charring method and enjoyed a perfect steak dinner, ribeye, buttery yam, nuked leftover zukes and onions, a little homemade slaw, nice glass of cabernet
DSCN1244.JPG

There was no room for dessert, downed every bite.
DSCN1245.JPG

Somebody was pretty darned thrilled to get the crust from the dry aging and a little fat
DSCN1246.JPG

You just can't cook a steak better or more evenly than Sous Vide. Thanks for looking. RAY

Ribeye looks great Ray! I haven't done SV steaks yet but hope to try it out soon. How long did you go at 131?

That game got a little close there at the end!

Reactions: sawhorseray
I had the ribeye thawed in a pot of water all day so I went for two hours at 131º. When I take steaks frozen straight to the Sous Vide pot I usually go four hours. It's just a great way to set it and forget it, steak comes out perfect every time, love getting the char with the torch. GO NINERS!!! RAY

I really need to get myself a Sous Vide unit! Thats one thing on my wish list! That steak looks great and nice choice of sides! I love yams/sweet potatoes.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks for the advise on the Sous Vide temp Al, 131º works just fine. Thanks for the like too, I appreciate it. RAY

I use this 20,000 btu weed burner, ice melter, fire starter.
Houseables Weed Torch Propane Burner, Gas Vapor, Black, 20,000 BTU, 34 Inches Long, Outdoor Garden Weeds Killer, Ergonomic Handle, Self Igniting, Trigger Start, Patio Dragon Weeder

ok thats quite a flame thrower...I may tone it down from that model ;) thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky