• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Nickel or Stainless injector

dog1234

Meat Mopper
Joined May 8, 2012
I had a Injector like the Bayou Classic, not sure what type it was. I am not sure what metal it was made of. I threw it way a week ago. Had trouble with the threade stripping and other small issues.

So my question is after looking over the threade here, it looks like a lot of people are using the one like I had. So does it make a difference with durability if I get the Nickle plated brass or Stainless steel?

I want to get a new one this week.

Thanks for the help!!!

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
The syringe I use was designed for cattle inoculations. I was able to find needles that work for injections. It's all stainless with a viton gasket.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Do you know how much you paid for it and where you got it from?
Got it from my local bovine vet and it was 20-30 bucks.

Amazon is good for what you're after. Nicole or stainless will be fine. Just take apart and wash well after each use.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.