Nice Dinner - Shrimp and Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
Just got back from spending a week with my MIL. She is 92 and likes to go out to eat when she can so we ended up taking her out almost every meal. So for tonight my wife and I wanted a good home cooked meal.

Cheesy grits made with lots of white cheddar cheese. Grilled shrimp seasoned with Zaterains Blackening season and seared in bacon grease. Pan sauce made with bacon grease, capers, chicken broth and butter. Topped with crispy bacon.

S&G.jpg

Some of the best shrimp and grits I've ever had!

Have a good night all,
Johnny Ray

Johnny Ray, mmmmmmm man those cheesy grits have me wanting to fix some soon! Real soon! I have plenty of shrimp, cheddar cheese, my zatarans is a bit low, and I'm out of grits.
Gona head to the market in the morning.

Love shrimp and grits. That looks great! Gotta make some soon. Got everything except real grits. I have some instant grits. Yeah, I whispered that.

Johnny Ray, mmmmmmm man those cheesy grits have me wanting to fix some soon! Real soon! I have plenty of shrimp, cheddar cheese, my zatarans is a bit low, and I'm out of grits.
Gona head to the market in the morning.
Whenever I go to a restaurant that offers shrimp and grits that's what I order. These were better than most. Zaterains Blackening puts them over the top!

Thanks,
JR

Love shrimp and grits. That looks great! Gotta make some soon. Got everything except real grits. I have some instant grits. Yeah, I whispered that.
Thanks Steve. I've never met a grit I didn't like! Instant grits need lovin' too! LOL.

Thanks,
JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky