• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Nice Dinner - Shrimp and Grits

Johnny Ray

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 22, 2019
Just got back from spending a week with my MIL. She is 92 and likes to go out to eat when she can so we ended up taking her out almost every meal. So for tonight my wife and I wanted a good home cooked meal.

Cheesy grits made with lots of white cheddar cheese. Grilled shrimp seasoned with Zaterains Blackening season and seared in bacon grease. Pan sauce made with bacon grease, capers, chicken broth and butter. Topped with crispy bacon.

S&G.jpg

Some of the best shrimp and grits I've ever had!

Have a good night all,
Johnny Ray

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Classic dish for sure!! Tell your mother in law it’s looks awesome!!

ChuxPick

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 11, 2017
Johnny Ray, mmmmmmm man those cheesy grits have me wanting to fix some soon! Real soon! I have plenty of shrimp, cheddar cheese, my zatarans is a bit low, and I'm out of grits.
Gona head to the market in the morning.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Johnny Ray We love Shrimp & Cheesy Grits.
Richie

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Love shrimp and grits. That looks great! Gotta make some soon. Got everything except real grits. I have some instant grits. Yeah, I whispered that.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks delicious!
One of my favorite meals!
Al

Johnny Ray

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 22, 2019
Johnny Ray, mmmmmmm man those cheesy grits have me wanting to fix some soon! Real soon! I have plenty of shrimp, cheddar cheese, my zatarans is a bit low, and I'm out of grits.
Gona head to the market in the morning.
Whenever I go to a restaurant that offers shrimp and grits that's what I order. These were better than most. Zaterains Blackening puts them over the top!

Thanks,
JR

Johnny Ray

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 22, 2019
Love shrimp and grits. That looks great! Gotta make some soon. Got everything except real grits. I have some instant grits. Yeah, I whispered that.
Thanks Steve. I've never met a grit I didn't like! Instant grits need lovin' too! LOL.

Thanks,
JR

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Thanks Steve. I've never met a grit I didn't like! Instant grits need lovin' too! LOL.

Thanks,
JR
Instant are good for breakfast at work. But I would probably get drawn and quartered putting shrimp on them!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.