• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

NFPM Question

rexlan

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 26, 2012
If using NFPM in the recipe what is the preferred method of application.

1.  Mix with water/or and other spices to dissolve and then add to meat and mix, or

2.  Mix spices with water.or and add to meat.  Then sprinkle the dry NFPM on the meat and mix.

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
Personal preference in my opinion.  I like to mix my spices [and cure if needed] in cold water [amount needed per batch] and sprinkle the powdered milk seperatly.  Reinhard

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
If the powder is coarse add it with the liquid. If its fine like corn starch add it to the meat. You don't want it to clump.......

rexlan

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 26, 2012
I've started using the Carnation brand and it is real fine, nice.  I have also been sprinkling it on the meat out of the bag and then doing the mix. 

I was using another brand and it was pretty coarse so I mixed it with the liquid first but didn't seem to get the same result, so I switched.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.